Boot Leak...Pics attached

Tuco88

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a boot leak that I cant point down to were the water is getting in....Its collecting in the area above the wheel arch under the air vents (See pics) More worried about the right side were a small fuse box is also located.

Any ideas of the cause of water collecting in these areas just below the air vents? (Shown in pics)
Never mind the white paste, that is just a waterproofing paste.

I have removed the light fitting and applied the paste to the vent gasket to see if that was the cause. I have also ordered a new boot seal rubber (I do not think this is the issue,peace of mind job)

Its hardly getting in via the vents?

Just to note, No issue with water in the actual light fittings and the Boot lid itself looks dry/no sign of a leak.

Any input welcome

Cheers...

Attachments

• Boot pic2.jpg
    Boot pic2.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Bootpic3.jpg
    Bootpic3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 245
  • Bootpic4.jpg
    Bootpic4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
Thanks Spartacus, Just to note its a 2014 model.

Just an update, I removed the grommets on both ends of the boot lid to check for water and look fine. So I placed some plastic film in both compartments (Seen in pics) and placed some kitchen paper on top of that... I'll know soon enough if the water if coming from the boot struts soon enough.

It looks like the vents to me, Anyone else notice how the gravel collected in there also? I read a post here about an a5 with a very similar problem but with no answer...

Hosepipe & a friend will find the leak soon enough.

Just an update. I replaced the rubber seal that goes around the booth lid with a new one. Just a tip try removing the rubber and turning it around, put the end near booth catch up by the rear window. The rubber itself was in good condition just flatted near the catch and bed it in decent silicone, might be worth a try first. I removed the rear lights on the booth door placed silicone on the seals(Foam gaskets) and even the number plate screws. The gap between rear lights and bumper, when you open the booth I placed a small bit of weatherproof tape black over the gap. This stops the water running down between the bumper and light onto vents on the above pictures. It no just runs down onto the rear bumper as it should. You could use silicone if you like, I found the tape less messy.

I cant say what one of the above fixed it. Its the booth rubber or tape I know that much I never suffered water in the boot lid like in the b8. Anyways hope this will help anyone with the same issue.

Reactions: audiwaterpump