V157 motor for intake manifold flap

T!M

Reaction score
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 2006 B7 BRE

I've spent a few days trawling through the forums but can't find a definitive answer for my car.
The EML has come on, OBD codes P2100, P2102 and P2108.
These all point to a fault with the anti shudder valve.
When I clear the codes the EML goes off and remains off until the engine is turned off and re-started, then the EML comes back on and the same codes are generated.

I've removed the valve cleaned and inspected it (part number 03G 128 063 C)
The electronics compartment was full of oil and I've cleared this using carb cleaner.
There are no broken teeth on any of the gear wheels and no sign of overheating or any other damage.
The flap moves freely over it's full range and springs back to the open position.
I've also used a multimeter to check fuses F1 (air conditioning), F4 (radiator fan), F6 (air conditioning) and F25 (heater blower) and all are ok.

I've read that other members have replaced the valve and this has not solved the problem.
Before I go down that route I'd like to carry out voltage checks at the four pin connector and continuity checks back to the ECU connectors but haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams or information about the power supply or signal lines.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It won’t bring the fault back on until the engine has been shut off as it’s primary job is closing when turning the engine off.

mine was the same, exactly same faults and symptoms, only other thing is I could sometimes hear the motor whirring when the engine was first switched off.

I just bought a second hand one on eBay for about £20, fitted it and it’s been fine since.

Reactions: Charlie Farley