2004 a3 sportback

S

steven1908

4179A5C0 6493 4C38 9956 6B6F2B209BD8
Hi all new here I have a a3 8p 2004 sport back and was wondering if I could put a single grill bumper on mines? Is it straight forward thanks in advance :)

It is a fairly straight forward swap, just bumper and grill off then just replace with pre facelift bumper and grill. no more than about an hours work.

Reactions: steven1908
Thanks for the reply :) noob question what is the pre face lift bumper do you have a picture ? Only reason wanting to change as some one scuffed side of car need headlight and wing aswell

easiest way to spot pre facelift is you have your indicator repeater in your wing and not as part of your mirror they changed from 2009. You should be able to find a bumper with grill for around £100-140

Thanks so is it bolt old one off and out the pre face lift straight on? Do I need change bonnet ?

No. That ones no good. you need 2008 or before pre facelift, and no you don't need to change bonnet. Also you should be able to find one a little cheaper than that. Yep just undo the torx in the front wheel arches then all the torx screws along the bottom of bumper, then iirc it's 4 across the top of the grill and 2 10mm nuts each side, kind of hidden behind the headlamps that you get to by pulling the arch liners to the side and going in there with a socket and an extention bar. you should find plenty of tutorials on youtube on removing bumper. it's not a long or hard job, maybe a bit fiddly the first time.

Ask on here if anybody has one in the classifieds ads under wanted.

Last edited:
Would this fit mine ? Would need to get it painted it’s cheap enough £30

So to clarify this up I can’t put a S-Line bumper on mine with out changing bonnet ? Sure a read something on here that you can if it’s a sport ? Anyone got a picture of a bumper I can put on mine pre facelift also can I remove the spoiler thing at the bottom of my bumper ?

If you’re going from twin grill to single grill then you need the bonnet too. If you do a search on here for “twin to single grill conversion” then that’ll tell you all you need to know, so you’ll need an 05-08 bonnet and 05-08 bumper of your choice