Audi A3 sline

Jordan mainwaring

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m looking for some advice if possible .. I’ve just lowered my a3 with ap coil overs (all the way down) and have 15 m spacers on the back and the rubbing is just horrendous it seems that there’s a screw catching the wheel ... I think ?? or am I going to have to get different size spacers for the back ???? It’s literally every corner I go around !!!

Stock alloys? 15mm is too wide. I had issues with 12mm. 10mm at back is best. You can also remove the screw - it isn’t structural.

Yeah mate the black edition alloys it is sorry I should of said a3 standard sline .. I have 10 m spacers on the front and 15 m on the back could I swap them around ??? Instead of buying new spacers again or is 15m to much For the car ??

As for the screw is it still likely to rub if I take it out ??

thanks for the help mate

Yep swap them around. The front may poke out a bit. Typically it’s 10mm front and 12 back.

Give it a try with the screw out but you may still get rub.

Trust just my luck lol !!! Is that what your running 10 front and 12 back ?? I got to get it sorted it’s driving me nuts

Ditch the spacers. I don’t like the idea of them but when I went to a 45ET alloy I no longer needed the spacers. I only fitted spacers to clear my calipers.

Swap your spacers and remove the arch liner screw at the back - I run 15mm front and 10mm back, wider front track will help with balancing the handling of the car.
They work perfectly, I don't get any rubbing at all.

Sam
Your 45ET wheels are the same as your std wheels + what spacers ?.
I have std rotors with 10 front and 12 rear spacers, what would i need to get the same or 10mm front and back over stock wheels ?

Hi @paddy - when I was running rotors, I had 12.5mm spacers which gave me an effective ET of 42.5 (I think the rotors are 55). I’m now on 45ET with no spacers and it’s perfect. The alloys aren’t lost under the arches and there is no rub.

Reactions: paddy
Thanks Sam, i have put my details in too a few of these wheel calculators shops have on line and i get different results so someone with first hand knowledge seems to be the way to go. i think the shops cant agree what is a std offset in the first place..

Reactions: samuelh_888