Problems after installing a SPH-DA230DAB Pioneer head unit that stays on with key out

Nigel2227

Reaction score
Hi

I thought it would be a simple plug and play using a CT24AU15 harness adaptor when I installed the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB head unit into my 2009 Audi A3 replacing the factory Audi Chorus unit but there was no wiring diagram to show where to hook up the red and orange lead into the back of the Quad block. I checked the car side of the block but can not find a 12v lead that goes off when the car is turned off and the only way to turn off the radio is to manually shut it down every time I park up. Already ran the battery down once not realizing the radio was on when pulling the key.

Anybody know an easy fix.

I have attached 3 pics showing the plugs I am checking and the diag on the Chorus I removed.

Any help would be appriciated... don't want to have to ferry the car to Aberdeen for a simple fix.

Attachments

• Plug 1.jpg
    Plug 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 299
  • Plug 2.jpg
    Plug 2.jpg
    893.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Plug 3.jpg
    Plug 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • Chorus diag.jpg
    Chorus diag.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
You need to run one of the wires directly to a switched live, so will need to extend the wire, There should be a couple of switched live fuses at the side of the dash, can’t remember off the top of my head which I tapped into. I can have a gander in a bit for you if you want

Wire it into the rear wiper fuse. Works a treat!

I would be very interested in what you think of this Pioneer HU. I am considering getting it myself. Especially now I have discovered that you can wire the DAB aerial into one of the factory aerials. My A3 is older though, so I have Fakra and DIN/ISO aerials.

Got it sorted. I ran the Red to the fuse box and piggybacked the rear wiper fuse that was key switched. All good now.
The Pioneer works well and When you use the usb port to android phone Auto Android works great.

Thanks.

Wire it into the rear wiper fuse. Works a treat!

I would be very interested in what you think of this Pioneer HU. I am considering getting it myself. Especially now I have discovered that you can wire the DAB aerial into one of the factory aerials. My A3 is older though, so I have Fakra and DIN/ISO aerials.
I ran a new screen DAB mine... not too hard to get through behind glove box.