AGU block, other cylinder head

Cvetko

Reaction score
Hello,

i bought an agu engine for a project car.
But I discovered that cylinder head is a bit damaged with one camshafts burgning on seats near chain tensioner like there were no oil. Valves are ok, pistons too.

Can i swap other cylinder head with cams on agu block?
I was thinking of ADR head to agu block. (ex. valves will be changed)
Its a direct swap?

Thanks
cheers

An ADR head will fit into the AGU block, but just bare in mind..... there was different variants of ADR heads, some were small port, some were large port, some had VVT, some didn’t. Through lots of expensive mistakes I’m now an expert on that head haha.

What are your plans for the build? Restoration or bigger power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its large port head, as far i know by the part number.
Would that VVT thing be a problem?

Friend of mine has an AEB head, but dont know if it has camshafts too.
I read some head needs machining to be done due of not flat mounting surface. (tensioner)

I need one head but know with witch one I will have less problems.

The plans is to go with bigger power with GT30.

All 20v head castings are interchangeable... just need the right combinations of hardware for the job...

Turbo cams differ slightly between VVT and non VVT... if going big turbo use VVT cams and the VVT tensioner... or use NA cams but VVT tensioner... VVT improves spool by 500-1000 rpm

Hydraulic followers are the same across all heads.

Make sure you use the cam caps that came with what ever head... you must not mix these up as they are line bored to the head they came off

Make sure you refit cam caps in the correct fitting order they came off (caps numbered 5 go belt end and count down)

AEB heads sometimes need machining where the belt tensioner bolts in... this will be obvious when you compare heads

Use valves and springs from the turbo head but better still replace at least the exhausts with supertechs and upgrade the exhaust springs (preference is full supertech valve train tbh)

Replace guides (exhausts especially as these will have worn the most)

Exhaust seats may need attention as they generally pit quickly

<tuffty/>

Yes, head will be rebuild-ed new springs, valves, guides, I had supertech in mind.

So as far as I understand is the same if i buy ADR or AEB.
For example:
I bought AEB head, i will use all from that head(cams, caps, springs, valves)-`supertech ones` and then put a VVT tensioner.
Which brand, is Febi fine or oem? Then the new chain is a must too.

Thanks
cheers