Airbag control module

A3SLine2014

Reaction score
Afternoon,

How easy is it to remove the airbag module on the a3? I assuming its somewhere under the centre console?

Console out? As in cupholders?

Will try find a blow up drawing or youtube guide to do it
as in the centre console. The control module is located here nest to the dead pedal, behind the kick panel:

Audi A3 Sportback interior 039

Ill give it a go cant be that difficult

I will remove the seatbelts if they come up as fault on wednesday too
I know will need to clear the crash data so the airbag ecu will have to come out!

Ill give it a go cant be that difficult

I will remove the seatbelts if they come up as fault on wednesday too
I know will need to clear the crash data so the airbag ecu will have to come out!
more like replace. Not easy to clear the data on these modules :(

How much to replace? Theres a few places saying that they can erase the crash data, post it to them with a 24hour turn around?

Can’t speak for anyone else but it’s designed to keep the event permanently. Would you trust it to protect you in the event of a future crash if someone claims to be able to wipe it?

What would you do in my situation- as a point of view?
While it is possible to remove crash data in my experience with coding / replacing these modules it does not really work. A lot of companies say they can do it but in reality they can't. Have had a number of "cleared" modules come to me and they would not install. Personally I would look for one which has never recorded any data or a new one. New pricing ranges from £400 and up

Can’t speak for anyone else but it’s designed to keep the event permanently. Would you trust it to protect you in the event of a future crash if someone claims to be able to wipe it?
Good point.

Can these modules just be plug and play? How much are they from Audi for example or any seller

Plenty of stupid questions from me

Good point.

Can these modules just be plug and play? How much are they from Audi for example or any seller

Plenty of stupid questions from me
nooooooo not plug and play. Need to be installed, have anti theft / component protection removed, online coded via a special process. Dealership or authorised 3rd party only (like myself :) )

If you can message me a VIN number or UK reg I can get part number and cost.

While it is possible to remove crash data in my experience with coding / replacing these modules it does not really work. A lot of companies say they can do it but in reality they can't. Have had a number of "cleared" modules come to me and they would not install. Personally I would look for one which has never recorded any data or a new one. New pricing ranges from £400 and up
Hi. Is the install just plug and play or is it something that has to be hooked up to a machine at the firm?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk