Lights off in the dark

Longstride83

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to stop the lights from automatically coming on at night. I have turned auto off and main beam assist but they still come on.

The reason I ask is that I often drive through barriers where we have to turn off the lights at night and I can’t do it and it’s blinding the security guards.

I'll have a try myself, in the meantime, just tell the security guards to f**k off :grin:

Reactions: Longstride83
Putting the headlight switch to "Off" should stop the lights coming on at night. If you lightly touch the part of the switch that says auto you can cycle through the options of Auto, Dipped, Side and off. The setting is displayed on the instrument panel as you cycle through. However you cannot turn the DRLs off as they are mandated by law to always be on when the engine is running. Page 57 of the handbook may help you

That off option doesn’t work. They go off and then automatically come back on. It’s doing my head in.

From the instruction manual, this will only keep the lights off when travelling below 6.2 mph (10kph).

That off option doesn’t work. They go off and then automatically come back on. It’s doing my head in.
If you need to drive faster than 10kph then use the side light option, that is no different to having the DRLs on, except it adds the rear lights

If you need to drive faster than 10kph then use the side light option, that is no different to having the DRLs on, except it adds the rear lights

IT goes from side lights to main beam. I can’t keep side lights on. Not to worry I’ll ask the dealer when I’m there next. Its frustrating that they have it switch automatically.

Tried it on the way home (should have done that before posting earlier!) and clearly that is how they have designed it. You must have the headlights on . There must be a means of changing it via VCDS but the dealer is unlikely to be willing to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk