A4 b7 strange message on dash board

Martin page

Reaction score
Morning all, just brought an 2006 A4 sline 3.0 estate and loving it. One question. When ever I start her up I get a strange message in the middle of the dash between speedo and rev counter ( where the messages pop up) and it just shows either <w> or <s> . If I press the scroll button on the end of the wiper arm I can scroll between computer 1 , computer 2, menu and this strange message. Any idea what it is as nothing seems wrong but it comes up as the default message before I change to computer 1

thanks

Is it auto by some chance.
Lol for get this. Just found out it’s the compass!!! Doesn’t say anything in the manual but as I was driving around it showed the road name too!!!!!

Reactions: LawrenceH and AvantMike
Lol for get this. Just found out it’s the compass!!! Doesn’t say anything in the manual but as I was driving around it showed the road name too!!!!!

Haha I was laughing as I read your original post and was about to inform you it was the compass! You can disable it in settings if you would rather see other info.