LED Replacement or new cluster?

AndrewW

Reaction score
So, I have a single LED out on my rear right inner cluster. From what I've read this means a new cluster is required?!

£70-80 on ebay seems expensive for the sake of an SMD LED but from what I gather they're sealed units and very difficult to service.

Has anyone had any luck DIYing this or should I just bite the bullet and get a new cluster (eventually - not a priority to sort at the moment).

Had same issue on my old 59 plate a4 both inner boot lid had few out.

Bought both second hand fully working units for £35 bit of a gamble but were fine til I sold it think I got them off gumtree.

imo second hand or new units easiest option you could get lucky on Ebay.

That avant is lovely colour

Thank you!

Yeah that seems to be the best option, just keep an eye out for a bargain as it's not important, just slightly annoying more than anything.

Once i have a new one fitted I'll probably attempt a DIY on the old one just to see if it's possible. Apparently freezing them makes the plastic weld easy to split! and then epoxy back together once a new SMD LED has been soldered in. But no loss if i end up smashing them to smithereens.