Facelift Extended Warranty - All Component or Named Component?

I have the full component cover with zero excess.

went to book my car in for an warranty issue the other day and the dealership said i had to pay £60 for a diagnostic check and if it was found to be a warranty issue they would refund the £60 if it was an issue down to wear and tear they wouldn’t.

is this how its supposed to work? Its ok of it is but just want to check they aren’t just making stuff up.

Yep - I'm in the same boat now (see my thread on failed rear diff/Haldex), except the dealer is trying to charge me 1.5 hrs labour (never authorised by me) to diagnose the faulty rear diff!! I told them this when the car went in (RAC guy diagnosed it already).

Now they're looking into car reporting camshaft adjuster error stored in car; didn't even look into it during the 1.5 hrs spent looking at the rear diff! Same story as you, I had to authorise the labour charge (additional hour labour) but if covered by warranty will be part of the claim.

I have the full component cover with zero excess.

went to book my car in for an warranty issue the other day and the dealership said i had to pay £60 for a diagnostic check and if it was found to be a warranty issue they would refund the £60 if it was an issue down to wear and tear they wouldn’t.

is this how its supposed to work? Its ok of it is but just want to check they aren’t just making stuff up.
lol why not just do it first and then decide if it's you or the warranty to pay?!?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
You can extend Audi Assist for around 150 for 2yrs. Well worth it as it includes EU Cover and full AA cover. The AA or other equivalent is way over double.

Edit: Link here. seems like its online too. Used to be on the phone. This is the result of my old A3.

https://www.roadsidecover.com/audi

View attachment 193456
That was a nice timely post, just used it to extend the cover on the SQ5. I had to ring up for the S3 last time:icon thumright:

Reactions: Ormesome
My Audi warranty is up this month too, however when I bought the car (it was 6 months old) I got the dealer (Listers Audi) to throw in the extra warranty to cover me up to a total of 3 years. I now know that whilst this, "Listers extended guarantee warranty" isn't the same as Audi warranty, it is virtually the same having checked the T+Cs for both.

My problem will be when it runs out in May as Audi approved may not cover me due to the 6 month gap.

Does anyone have experience of a Listers extended warranty?

My Audi warranty is up this month too, however when I bought the car (it was 6 months old) I got the dealer (Listers Audi) to throw in the extra warranty to cover me up to a total of 3 years. I now know that whilst this, "Listers extended guarantee warranty" isn't the same as Audi warranty, it is virtually the same having checked the T+Cs for both.

My problem will be when it runs out in May as Audi approved may not cover me due to the 6 month gap.

Does anyone have experience of a Listers extended warranty?
Just buy it now 6 months early direct with Audi and forget about their free one if you think the 6 month gap may change things.

I'd also take the car in for an early MOT/inspection before the factory warranty runs out!

does anyone know if there is a difference in audi used approved warranty and audi extended warranty ?

My Audi warranty is up this month too, however when I bought the car (it was 6 months old) I got the dealer (Listers Audi) to throw in the extra warranty to cover me up to a total of 3 years.

I thought that if the car was bought ‘Audi approved’ and <12 months from first registration that you got the balance if the 3 year warranty?

@PHutch33 means that they're getting 3 years' worth of warranty from when they bought the car, so until the car is 3.5 years old