Audi a3 pre facelift bi xenon afs to facelift bi xenon + afs

DjDvr

Reaction score
Hey,

Just finished a complete facelift upgrade from a 2007 to a 2010 front.
Coming from afs with bi xenon to the fl afs + xenon everything works except the afs.

We get a 02234 and a 02233 no signal communication error on the afs.
Do I need a facelift afs module as well or is the pre facelift ok and just needs coding?
Current afs module is 4f0910357f.

I have searched and got conflicting answers some say it is not required some say it is ... Errors seem to indicate communication errors to the headlicht modules but the connections are the same as far as I saw on erwin.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Did a bit more digging seems the headlights are Cabrio headlights 8p0941004AM und 8p0941003AM and looks like the pinout is slightly different ...

Still if someone did the retrofit and has some ideea I would really appreciate it.

BTW CECEM is 8P0 907 279 F coded tot BiXenon with LED Daylight and the AFS is 4F0 910 357 F

Did a bit more digging seems the headlights are Cabrio headlights 8p0941004AM und 8p0941003AM and looks like the pinout is slightly different ...

Still if someone did the retrofit and has some ideea I would really appreciate it.

BTW CECEM is 8P0 907 279 F coded tot BiXenon with LED Daylight and the AFS is 4F0 910 357 F
Hello mate!

I was going to create a thread to do exactly the same query.

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Thanks!

Hello mate!

I was going to create a thread to do exactly the same query.

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Thanks!
Hey , headlights were the wrong ones, they actually did not have AFS they were just normal bixenon with no lateral movement ... sorted with the correct headlights.

Hey , headlights were the wrong ones, they actually did not have AFS they were just normal bixenon with no lateral movement ... sorted with the correct headlights.
A friend has just changed the front end to Facelift. Originally wearing AFS pre-facelift and now he has put the AFS Facelift headlights and don’t work.
He’s been told that he may be able to replace the AFS Pre-FaceLift 4f907357 module to AFS FaceLift 4L907357 module.
I am surprised that your headlights for being of Cabrio don’t work ...

A friend has just changed the front end to Facelift. Originally wearing AFS pre-facelift and now he has put the AFS Facelift headlights and don’t work.
He’s been told that he may be able to replace the AFS Pre-FaceLift 4f907357 module to AFS FaceLift 4L907357 module.
I am surprised that your headlights for being of Cabrio don’t work ...
no clue to be honest ... done a couple of swaps like this with no issue this was the first one ... we already had the FL afs so you ca definitively try that , they are cheap to source.

no clue to be honest ... done a couple of swaps like this with no issue this was the first one ... we already had the FL afs so you ca definitively try that , they are cheap to source.
Do you mean that you already made at least 2 changes from prefacelift to facelift front end with afs and only one of them gave you problems? Could you tell me the engines of all of them to rule out that the engine ECU does not influence all this?

A friend of mine is trying it right now on a 2.0Tdi 140hp and with the prefacelift AFS module it doesn't show an error, but the regulation doesn't work. When he puts the AFS restyling module on, he gets the height adjustment to work, but the cornering light gives him an error due to lack of communication.

He tried to change the CE to letter N and a 2012 gateway and it wasn’t the solution neither.

@NHN could you help us with that please?

Last edited:
ECU should not influence the behavior in any way. I have done a 2004 2.0 TFSI , the 2007 2.0 TFSI is the one with the problems ... and I have another 2.0 Tdi BKD done that worked fine. Did you change to the FL afs controller ? All my swaps are done with N CECM but again that only controls the bulbs not the AFS part, the afs is done via CAN bus so I would also check CAN GW version. All my swaps except the 2007 are done with 2010+ can gw.

Reactions: Discotek
The car where the change is being attempted is a 2.0tdi bkd prefacelift November 2007. It has the Gateway 2012 and the CECM K and AFS 4F module (it had AFS in prefacelift). In this way it hasn’t been able to make either the height adjustment or the curve adjustment work, but the cluster doesn’t show an error.
Then he has tried to change to the CECM N and the AFS 4L facelift module and he only manages to make the height adjustment work, but an error appears in the cluster for the cornering lights. If he puts back the CECM K keeping the AFS 4L facelift module he gets the same as with the CECM N.

Can you think of any other tests he can do?

Thanks mate!

ECU should not influence the behavior in any way. I have done a 2004 2.0 TFSI , the 2007 2.0 TFSI is the one with the problems ... and I have another 2.0 Tdi BKD done that worked fine. Did you change to the FL afs controller ? All my swaps are done with N CECM but again that only controls the bulbs not the AFS part, the afs is done via CAN bus so I would also check CAN GW version. All my swaps except the 2007 are done with 2010+ can gw.
Hi bud,

The topic was somewhat left behind, but now I have decided to do it myself and based on the experience of the other mate, who finally resigned from the AFS, I would not want to end up like him. For this reason, I wanted to make sure of all the steps to follow and I ask for the following help, of which Nigel has already given me some ideas. We always talk about changing a pre-facelift A3 8P with bixenon to facelift AFS bixenon. The car originally has both rear and front sensors for height regulation control.

1- Should I update any module? My CECM is K and GW is L.

2- The original bixenon regulation control module is 8P0907357H and the AFS module that I have to install is 4L0907357. Is it the right module?

3- Is the electrical installation of the facelift AFS bixenon exactly the same as that of the prefacelift AFS bixenon?

4- Should I take into account something that I may have overlooked in the installation as well as with the vcds configuration?

Thanks mate!