Standard S3 seat

Leevr

Reaction score
Whilst being a bit energetic round bends I feel that the standard bolsters dont hold or support me at all. Literally hanging half off the seat whilst cornering. I not a big lad so fit in the seat quite well. Anyone else find that the seats are not supportive? I know, not a lot I can do about it, barring going aftermarket, not an option that I'd consider. The seats in my Evo and my 8p RS, albeit the wing backs were far superior.

I found the same in my S3, didn't grip enough as I'm quite a slim build. A lot better with the electric adjustment in the S5 and assume electric seats in the S3/RS3 would be the same?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bells
Whilst being a bit energetic round bends I feel that the standard bolsters dont hold or support me at all. Literally hanging half off the seat whilst cornering. I not a big lad so fit in the seat quite well. Anyone else find that the seats are not supportive? I know, not a lot I can do about it, barring going aftermarket, not an option that I'd consider. The seats in my Evo and my 8p RS, albeit the wing backs were far superior.

They are not the best and the super sport seats aren’t any better as it’s just the back that’s different. The bottom part is the same.
Think they are aimed at comfort over support/sportiness. My old recaros in my type r was way superior even after 130k they were still very supportive.
I think your only option is either find an upholsterer and stuff some foam underneath the leather or go aftermarket.

Terrible seats support wise, super sport no better. I found the best way to get support was to tilt the base back so that you are a bit more pinned in but on long journeys it would give me hamstring pain.

Lets be honest about it.....the seats in an S3 are woefully inadequate for a car with its performance potential. I just got a deja vu feeling when I said that. :D
Focus ST Recaros are brilliant and current Civic Type R seats are the best I have ever experienced in a road car. Even the seats in my girlfriends 2014 Corsa with less than a third of the power offer much more support than my S3!
I don't know what Audi were thinking when they approved the seats for the S3. :blink:

As has been said recently the S3 is a luxury car and at this price people expect a full leather interior which unfortunately is quite slippery.
You could try a pair of the S3 branded lederhosen from the Audi exclusive ridiculously overpriced range. Audi have specially selected a rare and exclusive grade of leather to work with the S3 seats to provide just the right amount of friction to keep you in place, or do like the rest of us and eat chips and go around corners on public roads with a bit less "energetically".

Reactions: Nikon
As has been said recently the S3 is a luxury car and at this price people expect a full leather interior which unfortunately is quite slippery.
You could try a pair of the S3 branded lederhosen from the Audi exclusive ridiculously overpriced range. Audi have specially selected a rare and exclusive grade of leather to work with the S3 seats to provide just the right amount of friction to keep you in place, or do like the rest of us and eat chips and go around corners on public roads with a bit less "energetically".

Haha they could have made a much better seat though, the bulster support is non existent. The seats in the Golf GTD’s and up are much better and also have leather options.

Normal seats V Super sport seats...
There's a bit more to it than than the different back support which of course does support you a bit better than the dreadful standard seats,the bolstering in the super sport seats are firmer as is the leather..l jumped into a new X4 Msport the other day they seats are real kidney grabbers and they're not the sportier versions....like you get in M cars l do like the super sports seats....even after nearly 2 years of ownership l still love the look Red stitching on quilted black leather knockout design, best looking seats in a "S"car..and even in cars far more expensive

Reactions: Ron240 and MikeParkin
I’ve had my S3 nearly 4 years and the supersport seats are great and can’t say they don’t support me. Nevertheless no complaints here.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I find the SS seats in my S3 inadequate also. Those in my Scooby were much better - but then the SS seats look awesome !! Perhaps the S3 gets driven quicker too ? :whistle2:

Reactions: TYb
Agree that lateral support isn’t great. The SS are better than standard but neither are remotely close to those I had on my 8L TSport, even after 10 years and 108k miles.