40'000 mile service done today

quattrokid

Reaction score
Well it had to come up sometime I suppose

P1060503.jpg

Sometimes get the yellow traction control and ABS warning lights coming on ... Just been vag-com'ed and no codes present for the brakes, ABS module or anything else ... however occasionally we do get juddering when braking reasonably sharply which feels like brake pressure is reduced then the pedal tries to push back at you??

The only mod to the car is that it's got an Awesome Haldex ecu upgrade.

Anyone else had this? Good discs and lads all round, ABS sensors checked and all are clean and not damaged.

Suggestions please.

Regs

Rich

Last edited:
Sound like its all knackered mate :(
being the generous chap I am though I'll swap you my car which doesn't judder but has a few more miles....! Really nice example there, love the Imolla ones

hahaha!! Thanks for the offer to swap but this is a keeper!!

Wheel alignment eh ?!!! runs as straight as a die, but noted, what about a brake fluid change ? Noise is like a distant rumble and the pedal feels like its oscillating, warning lights comes on at various speeds but the slowest the brakes went strange was 40mph and higher.

I'm gonna ask Awesome tmw IF these warning lights come on because of their haldex ecu....BUT there is nothing at all when it's scanned for fault codes?!!!!!!

Could it be ****e pads even though they grip nicely ?

**** brainstorm ****

On our last S3 about 7 years ago, I'm sure it had similar warning lights on the dash (as above).... turned out to be the steering angle sensor ....would that bring up a fault code?

Last edited:
Good standard (and fairly unmolested) example and boy does it look good. Keep it that way and may just be worth double in years to come.