Stereo advice needed please

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
i want to change my oem stereo to a single din aftermarket (preferably alpine) but i can be persuaded else where because i want the other single din slot that will now be available under the stereo for me to put 3 52mm gauges in (boost, oil pressure and possible battery voltage)

Im finding it very confusing as to what i need, i can find the fascia panel but then the iso and other things change massively depending on my oem stereo model and prices are so ip and down i don't know whats what, there dont seem to be a direct replacement the places I've looked ie stereo, fascia and all wires needed for a plug and play, everywhere seems to do bits of tgis and that, does anyone know a website that can help or tell me exactly what i need to get to change over to the single din with the little storage slot underneath please? Ill attach a pic of my stereo as some sites ask what stereo is in the car.

I do still want the steering wheel to work with the aftermarket stereo.
22932D29 8F88 4923 86C3 26C2EC61C466

I used a connects 2 adapter to get it all working. I had bose companion 2 I believe. There are a couple of options on the connects 2 website, you have to find out which is right for your model, like you say.

You will need a steering stalk adapter, radio adapter, head unit adapter and the fascia.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Once you fit an non oem head unit you will loose full mfsw functionality, you get volume control and track search but thats it I'm afraid, you will loose dis display aswell of head unit.
If you have a double din head unit it will most likely be a quad lock so you will nead a kit to convert to ISO and if you have full or part boss fitted will dictate what kit you need, Can workout a tad costly.

Yeah i seen that site jack kelly it was connects2 that was the one that confused me (don't take a lot tbh) as there seemed to be a couple of options which to me looked like the same kit but prices ranged from £25-90 I'm just not sure how i work out which one i need, Rob when you say part or full bose how would i know? It has bose speakers in the doors, as for mfsw I'm fine with just the volume and track skip, id like to keep as much as possible but needs must and all that if i lose some bits ill live with it.

Its been 4 years since i changed a stereo and that was on a honda accord type r so there was literally bare minimum and basic wires involved lol the audi seems to be a tad more involved.

If you have full bose from the factory and the car has not been meesed with the obvious visual identifying factor is that all 4 speakers will have bose on the grills, but that's not conclusive by any means just the most obvious one.
i'd pulling the hu out and see what plugs are on the back etc first.

If you have full bose from the factory and the car has not been meesed with the obvious visual identifying factor is that all 4 speakers will have bose on the grills, but that's not conclusive by any means just the most obvious one.
i'd pulling the hu out and see what plugs are on the back etc first.
Ahh yes they do all have the bose emblem on the speakers, yeah ill have to take it out then and have a look to be on the safe side i think.