Headlamp washers

Richsmif

Reaction score
Question. Either my headlamp washers dont work or i dont have them. I have the cutouts in the bumper. Do all A5s have this regardless of option purchased?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would say you should have them as standard, I'd pop into my local dealer to confirm, and if you should have them, take it back to where you bought it and get them to fix it, assuming you still have a warranty.

JG

Well its a sline plus black edition so youd kinda think so but i dont even have a glovebox light so who knows. I assume i do as i have the cutouts but nothing pops out when i wash the windscreen.

Thanks

Well its a sline plus black edition so youd kinda think so but i dont even have a glovebox light so who knows. I assume i do as i have the cutouts but nothing pops out when i wash the windscreen.

Thanks

Headlight washers don't come out every time you put on the windscreen washers, they're set to wash at specific intervals, may be just a case of giving it a wee while to see if they come on, if not, back to where you bought it from for them to fix.

As for the glovebox light, this can be retro fitted quite easily, use search function on here for info, plenty have done this. :icon thumright:

JG

Yes you should have them as you have Xenon Headlights therefore they are compulsory to have.

You might already know this, but the headlight washers only work when the headlights are on and they active when you pull the wiper stalk for more than a few seconds.

Few possibilities:
- Previously disabled using VCDS
- Frequency occurrence altered using VCDS
- Faulty (Can you scan the car for faults?)
- Missing (pull down the cover and see if they are there)
- Disconnected
- Fuse

Can you hear them trying to run when you are using the window screen washer with the headlights on?

Reactions: RS5 JON
Wow thank you for the detailed reply. I didnt realise you have to have the lights on.
I did a vagcom scan when i bought the car. Only error was some fan related to cooling the cabin.

Ill try it out later
Thanks a mill

Well i used a.trim removal tool to lift the cover up and woohoo a jet is hiding behind.it. no errors on vcds so either im doing.something wrong or fuse gone.

Grrrr
I have headlights.on. pull the stalk to wash....keeping.it down nothing.

Still.under warrenty til september so going to speak to audi

Mine only work if the light switch is set on auto position.

If is set to off or the headlights are on manually the washers don't work.

Or sometimes the pop out sprayers get jammed due to muck and road grime.

@Richsmif if it is still under warranty then most certainly bring it back to Audi and ask them to have a look for you, as you will fail you next MOT unless they are working as its a legal requirement for Xenon Headlights.

They could be faulty, @Dippy has had 2 replaced under warranty I believe, and pretty certain mine had been done too by the previous owner as it is clearly a new flap on one side for mine.

The problem that affected mine (3 in all) was obvious because the screen wash would empty pretty quickly as the jet would continually drip after it had been used. However I did find for one of them that it would stop dripping and as long as I didn't use it then at least I was able to have wash for the windscreen.

The flaps are forced open by the jets, which are fairly easy to pull out by hand. If they do so then the problem might be lack of water pressure. Due to the fact that they operate separately from the windscreen jets there must be either a separate pump or a valve - perhaps the problem lies there.