DPF @ 116%

alex:D

Reaction score
hi yall, got a 2.0tdi quattro. DPF light showed on friday, went to do a regen drive on saturday but before it even got up to temperature properly the coil light started flashing, engine managment came on and the car is stuck in limp mode, i plugged it into my reader and got a code for DPF fault. i took it to the garage today to try get a forced regen, he plugged it in and the DPF said it was 116% full!!!! he has told me i have 2 options, either a new DPF or a DPF delete, EGR delete and a remap. can anyone confirm this or could it be something small like a sensor? i am only asking because the reading came back at 116%...

DPF’s have a point of no return. Yours may be at this point. There may also be a sensor failed as the dpf hasn’t regenerated on its own. Normally you get a warning light(well at least I did on my A6).

A DPF and egr delete is an mot fail unless your tester turns a blind eye.

Reactions: alex:D
Egr delete in software, nothing to see as is some positioning of dpf not visable because of covers etc , then there's always a blind side .

Reactions: alex:D
Even if they can't see the DPF isn't there, the sniffer (MOT) will still detect the soot and it will fail the smoke test surely. A forced regen on a full DPF can burn the car to the ground (Audi's words) hence the ECU will not do it if the soot load is too high.

I personally would be tempted to have it cleaned out off the vehicle, I know the DPF removal is tempting but I would always have it on my mind it’s missing and a MOT failure I suppose it’s a gamble only each individual can take

Even if they can't see the DPF isn't there, the sniffer (MOT) will still detect the soot and it will fail the smoke test surely. A forced regen on a full DPF can burn the car to the ground (Audi's words) hence the ECU will not do it if the soot load is too high.

Nope, a Korean 1.7 derv , egr off & dpf gutted , blew 0.16 .

Have all you experts confirmed the G450 sensor is fine before jumping the gun?

Had the DPF and stage 1 map done. It was always the plan so i never investigated further. Its like a new motor, fingers crossed it stays good....

Reactions: Gazwould