Rear diffuser

Bulldog

Reaction score
Wanted to get my rear diffuser painted gloss black on my Avant to keep with the black & silver theme I seem to be going for. Bought a secondhand black edition diffuser from eBay & had it painted gloss black for the princely sum of £50 which was an absolute bargain. I didn’t get the mesh insert painted as the guy said the paint would probably not stick to well so I cleaned it & gave it a coat of Gtechniq C4 trim restorer. I’ve also fitted some exhaust trims over the standard tailpipe trims to give a sort of quad exhaust look. I wasn’t sure how they’d look but for £17.99 from eBay I thought I’d give them a punt. Might not be to everyone’s tastes but the fit & quality are ok & they are easy to remove as only held on with double sided tape.

Before

Diffuser removed

Diffuser painted

50/50 with the Gtechniq C4

Mesh refitted

All done

Next job is to do the lip on the front but can’t seem to get it off so it’ll either be bumper off or get it wrapped gloss black in situ. Also did the front mesh grills with solution finish trim restorer to brighten them up.

50/50 solution finish

Reactions: Radford212, jojo, rjwojcik and 3 others
Thanks then I’ll probably get the Maxton design front splitter as well.

Reactions: The_Golfather

Look class loads better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bulldog
So nice with the gloss black diffuser, spot on
second the maxton design splitter. Only thing I don't like is the centre badge they put on the now, it is just a gel sticker but it is raised where the sticker goes when you remove it.
Saw a company called KSB autostyling are doing the splitters a cut under the price of maxton for the A5, and they are gloss black finish with no extra cost £99!
Maybe contact them to see about having one made for your 6?

Reactions: Bulldog
@Meemo Thanks & I'll have a look at there site. I won’t be getting the splitter till after I’ve got my Kw’s fitted

@Bulldog how did you get the diffuser off the car? I've got a C7.5 (saloon) and bought some paint to change it to gloss black.

@sammy237 there’s just a few torx screws which hold it on then use a trim tool on the edges to get it to unclip.

Reactions: sammy237
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…