Is something missing here?

ab1702

Reaction score
343252FC D2FE 436E A4BB 7859C97729B2
As the title says, is something like a bolt missing from the picture? If I look in the hole I can see some threads.
That picture is took inside the passenger wheel arch which I’m assuming is that I’m looking at the gearbox.
Car is a 2009 170 tdi Quattro.

Sorry to pitch in, I just did both brake callipers due to seizing on the offside, so when doing the nearside I noticed that large circlip has a squidgy felt pad behind it, seeping oil just like the OPs is...whats behind the circlip and what's the felt pad for?

I would like to tackle the leak.

Sorry to pitch in, I just did both brake callipers due to seizing on the offside, so when doing the nearside I noticed that large circlip has a squidgy felt pad behind it, seeping oil just like the OPs is...whats behind the circlip and what's the felt pad for?

I would like to tackle the leak.

I’d be interested in this too as from the picture in my OP I was wondering where that oil residue had come from.

As for the hole in my picture, my local garage had my car for mot and service yesterday and confirmed that nothing should be in the hole I circled.