A3 Saloon 1.5 Launch Control.

Zuhaib Rafique

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how i can possibly launch control the A3 1.5.
I believe they do not launch due to the fact its 150ps (correct me if i am wrong).
Just wondering if there is any way i can get it to launch?
Thanks.

What does it say in the owners handbook...? I can't even remember if I could launch my 2.0 TDI, I think so..

Hold ESC for a few seconds to turn it off / or to sport or whatever. Drive select to dynamic (gearbox in S). Plant foot on brake pedal, plant foot on throttle, revs will go up - take foot off brake and off you go - what I do in the S3 at least..

Without sounding pretentious what's the point in trying to launch a 1.5 A3?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356
Is it not a bit pointless in a fwd. it will just start spinning the wheels and bog down.
Careful throttle control and you will do better than launch control with a fwd

Reactions: Bristle Hound

i know its not the fastest of cars but just when you're fooling around with your mates @ the lights etc...

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Reactions: JJ_2018, Phutters, Audi Bairn and 5 others
Reactions: JJ_2018, Chris.D, Phutters and 4 others
Is it not a bit pointless in a fwd. it will just start spinning the wheels and bog down.
Careful throttle control and you will do better than launch control with a fwd

My mate used to have a SEAT leon 2.0L turbo with LC and it's not as bad as you may think going through the front wheels.

For a bit of fun.. obviously where law permits/safe to do so although i'm certain people will have launched there cars on a public road but jump to the moral high ground from time to time when it suits them.

Not aimed at you but some members on here are so dismissive if you don't have an S3 or some other high powered Audi you're not part of the exclusive clique and you're inferior, it's laughable at times.

The guy has come on here asking for some help and just gets mocked because he's not asking how to launch an S3 but a 1.5 TFSI, fair enough he's being ribbed for the 'having some fun at the lights' comment which i agree with but come on.

Reactions: dp_motley, rs3fanboy, V6_Man and 5 others
For a bit of fun.. obviously where law permits/safe to do so although i'm certain people will have launched there cars on a public road but jump to the moral high ground from time to time when it suits them.

Not aimed at you but some members on here are so dismissive if you don't have an S3 or some other high powered Audi you're not part of the exclusive clique and you're inferior, it's laughable at times.

The guy has come on here asking for some help and just gets mocked because he's not asking how to launch an S3 but a 1.5 TFSI, fair enough he's being ribbed for the 'having some fun at the lights' comment which i agree with but come on.
Lol it doesn’t bother me I’m 19 got a nice Audi for my age and got a few nice cars (S4 435d) at home so these comments don’t bother me just waiting on insurance to get low.

Reactions: Tej13 and quattrorally

Well said, each to their own and should be treated without retribution....

Reactions: sagaris99
My company car is a 150 ps Leon Fr (DSG) and all i do is what others have said, plant foot on the brake and then plant my foot and release it after about 2 seconds. If i have my foot on the brake for too long the revs go down again. It's not the greatest launch but there's still enough torque there to put passengers back in their seats, ignore the pussies about 'messing around on the roads' like none of them actually speed lool

Reactions: Jakereeves96
Moral high ground or not, public roads aren't the place to "fool around with mates" end of; whether you think it's safe to do so or not. Theres enough idiots on the road driving like wannabe racers. In terms of launching the 1.5 I haven't found one, even in dynamic it's not very 'dynamic'. Fuel economy is good though ;).