Measurements help

larbel

Reaction score
Can someone please help measure the distance from the rear end of the GPS antenna to the edge of the rear roof top for a saloon please? Thanks!!

Untitled 1

Thanks.. Retrofitting the antenna.. The dash antenna I'm using when retrofitted MMI2 just isn't as good..

The distance is 11cms.
Still not sure I understand because I thought all A3’s had this aerial installed.

The distance is 11cms.
Still not sure I understand because I thought all A3’s had this aerial installed.

Thanks.. over here, none of the PFL 8V has GPS option including S3 or even RS3 so none of them has GPS antenna equipped...

Thanks.. over here, none of the PFL 8V has GPS option including S3 or even RS3 so none of them has GPS antenna equipped...

Doesn’t the radio use the same antenna?
Never seen one with no antenna before. You must show us a picture.

I like that clean look. Just add the roof rails and that would be just right :icon thumright:

Bizarre your dash gps is bad, where did you fit it, I would fit a magnetic version in the roof lining, that should work well.

All dash ones I've fitted get plenty of sats so I'm surprised tbh.

Bizarre your dash gps is bad, where did you fit it, I would fit a magnetic version in the roof lining, that should work well.

All dash ones I've fitted get plenty of sats so I'm surprised tbh.

I tried to hide it so it's inside the A-pillar... I know, I know.. It takes forever to lock initially, but once locked, it's fine till the next restart... Just thought a roof mount might be better..

Never takes long tbh, have you tested with the antenna sat against the scteen or outside the car to see if its still an issue as doesnt seem right tbh.

Yeah, it's fine when it's out of the A-pillar on the dash itself, that's why I thought a roof mount would be better... But who knows, maybe the dash mount I have is defective and receiving weaker signals?

Get another 1, fit in the roof if need be.

Yeah, it's fine when it's out of the A-pillar on the dash itself, that's why I thought a roof mount would be better... But who knows, maybe the dash mount I have is defective and receiving weaker signals?

Maybe something in the a pillar is interfering with the antenna? Wires, airbags?