Part number

oggy249

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know what the part number would be for my rear wiper motor, just to save me taking the rear panel off to check,
are they all compatible , im only asking because i have had a nightmare getting a new door lock actuator because there is so many different ones,
my car is a 58 plate facelift 3 door,
thanks ,

Reactions: SootySport
genuine part number 8E9955711E

made by valeo, aftermarket part number 579603. both will be the same, go for the cheapest (most likely the valeo branded part).

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
This thread is good timing, my wiper motor died on me yesterday and I shattered my cheap ebay rear wiper arm when I attempted to move it back to the start position.
The Valeo part number is £60 on Amazon so I'll probably order it with free Prime delivery ready for next weekend.

Reactions: Sandra
A1EAFC27 572F 4FEA A794 A091FB99C88E
The Valeo service replacement motor from Amazon is not just identical to the Genuine part that you’d get from a main stealer it is the Genuine part.
When my motor died back in 2016 and I replaced the factory one with a Valeo from Amazon the replacement was identical in every way to the factory motor that came off, every marking etc was the same, both being made by Valeo in Spain .
By buying via Amazon you’re saving £30 or so by not having the item arrive in a Genuine Parts box!

I have mine sitting in the Amazon box waiting to be fitted, but I can't motivate myself to do it.
Does anyone remember what tools are required for this job? I don't have many available so I don't want to start it and find I can't complete it through lack of tools etc.
Thanks

I have mine sitting in the Amazon box waiting to be fitted, but I can't motivate myself to do it.
Does anyone remember what tools are required for this job? I don't have many available so I don't want to start it and find I can't complete it through lack of tools etc.
Thanks
H3mgPKP.jpg

easy job to get the motor out. hardest part most likely getting the wiper arm off. sometimes they come of easily with a wiggle, sometimes you need to use a wiper arm puller tool.

I replaced my wiper arm a few days ago as it looked naff without one, so that won't be tricky this time.
Thanks for the guide, very helpful and I'll probably give it a go after lunch.

All fitted, didn't take much more than 50-55 mins.
Tools required. T20 Torx and 10mm socket.
Hardest part is removing the plastic trim to get at the motor (because my wiper arm was not on tight).
The plastic connector for the screen wash did crack on mine, so watch out for that when you reconnect. I'm hoping mine won't leak, but suspect it probably will.
On trial fit I tested the wiper motor and screen wash before re-assembling it and nothing worked. I checked the fuse and that was good, so I just decided to leave it fitted and put everything back together again anyway.
I then started the engine and was about to run a fault scan when the wiper arm fired into life and worked fine, in fact it is much quicker now.

Reactions: samisnake
On trial fit I tested the wiper motor and screen wash before re-assembling it and nothing worked. I checked the fuse and that was good, so I just decided to leave it fitted and put everything back together again anyway.
I then started the engine and was about to run a fault scan when the wiper arm fired into life and worked fine, in fact it is much quicker now.

Did you test it with boot open?

Finally got back out to the rear wiper today to align the jet and decided to check inside the boot lid for any signs of washer fluid, and it looks like I have some leaking out when the washer is applied.
Didn't look like a particularly easy part to replace, so I may have to block it off totally at either the front of the car at the washer bottle, or at the rear of the car at the wiper motor.
Has anyone else had to do this and have any tips?

Hi Davey, is the leak from the new wiper motor? if so i would send it back,
No, the new motor is fine. Where the washer pipe connects it split on me. I had a feeling it might leak and it is doing, but thankfully only when under pressure.

Davey there's a post somewhere of that happening to someone else. They uploaded a photo of their fix; a bit of extra clear tubing and a couple zip ties or jubilee clips to secure

Davey there's a post somewhere of that happening to someone else. They uploaded a photo of their fix; a bit of extra clear tubing and a couple zip ties or jubilee clips to secure
I've done a bit of googling and parts searching and I think I have found a new part, so it's on order (just under £10 from Latvia!) but if the leak becomes a problem I will pull the trim off and bodge together a fix, or delete it depending on my patience and available parts.

Dave, when you get the part and fit it will you put some pics up please , just for future reference , cheers