Why Is The 2.0 FSI (AWA) More Powerful Than The 2.0 ALT?

ChronowerX_GT

Reaction score
Just curious. I have a B7 which only came with the petrol ALT engine but the B6 had both. The AWA is about 20bhp more powerful 128 vs 147. I can't seem to see any major differences and was wondering if maybe the parts are interchangeable to get a bit of a power boost. Info on these engines seems hard to come by.

Reactions: Anlominus and Orange225
Just curious. I have a B7 which only came with the petrol ALT engine but the B6 had both. The AWA is about 20bhp more powerful 128 vs 147. I can't seem to see any major differences and was wondering if maybe the parts are interchangeable to get a bit of a power boost. Info on these engines seems hard to come by.
The 2.0 FSI engine is direct injection which improves performance and economy over the indirect injection 2.0 ALT engine.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ah right. It's strange that the AWA got dropped with the B7 considering it was more economical. Was there reliability issues with it or something? I believe that the ALT is pretty robust (even if mine likes to drink a bit of oil).

The only thing I can think of is that it wasn't popular enough to continue to offer it but only Audi will know the answer.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The B7 1.8T replaced the B6 2.0 FSI.

In some countries, the B7 was also available with the 2.0 20V motor, as fitted to the previous 8E model, the B6.