turbo removal

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
On the S3 8v how easy/quick is it to remove the turbo?

I think the engine needs to be moved forward pal.

The tuner is asking £500 for the labor. Just thought it might be a diy job.

I can’t find anything on the 8V S3, but maybe this will help:

Audi TT turbo removal questions: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-tt-7/removing-turbo-101540/

Quote: “You just remove the manifold from the top and then remove the turbo and yank it out the top also. The only stuff you need to do from underneith is undo part of the dp, unbolt the bolt holding the turbo in place, unbolt the tip, and finally drain and remove the coolant and oil return lines to where they meet the block.”

2.0 TDI MK2 A3 turbo removal, workshop step by step (again don’t have the 8V on there) I’m assuming it’s similar if not the same, due to same horizontal layout: https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a...azv_bkd/removing_and_installing_turbocharger/

APR Stage 2+

Reactions: Starry
The tuner is asking £500 for the labor. Just thought it might be a diy job.

I was quoted £100 plus vat I think for turbo fitment when I was enquiring about Revo stage 3.

£500 wow if you good with your tools do it your self mate, done mine 4 hours start too finish

You can do it all from the top without a ramp 2 post etc

I have a 2 post ramp but never needed too lift the car once

No need too move the engine atall

Remove battery intake etc and slide it out the side of the if you know what I mean

Basic tool set will do the job

Any questions mate just give me a message will be happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£500 wow if you good with your tools do it your self mate, done mine 4 hours start too finish

You can do it all from the top without a ramp 2 post etc

I have a 2 post ramp but never needed too lift the car once

No need too move the engine atall

Remove battery intake etc and slide it out the side of the if you know what I mean

Basic tool set will do the job

Any questions mate just give me a message will be happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great, thanks for that mate. I keep hearing you need to remove a drive shaft and loosen the subframe. This is on the S3 8v yes?