New A5 Owner

Timz15

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this online forum thing let alone Audi-sport so hopefully starting off on the right foot :sweatsmile:!

Picked up my new A5 coupe (40 TFSI) last Friday whilst also saying bye to my A3 2.0 TDI hatchback in the process.

Wasn't looking to go to town with the extras on the car bearing in mind the new tax regs :unamused: but certainly wanted the flat bottom steering wheel, factory tints and the upgraded 19in alloys. Colour-wise, I've never seen the Navarra Blue on a standard A5 and i was a tad wary that it would be seen as an "S5-lookalike" as it was the only available model that had the extras i wanted! How i was soo wrong :hearteyes:...

Anyway, i'm looking forward to sharing & hearing experiences with your cars as well as any tips and advice!
IMG 20190315 WA0007
20190319 103138 R
20190319 102816 R

Reactions: S3tuart, daytonamart, lyallr and 2 others
Hi Tim, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car.

Reactions: Timz15
Hi mate welcome to the forums :)

Your car looks great, wish I had gone for the bigger alloys. However I did get the tints, de badge, folding mirrors, HHA, extra coloured led lights inside, and the flat bottom wheel, as the wheel gives a bit of extra leg space...think the folding mirrors and HHA are now standard?!?

Have you found the jack and locking wheel nut yet? It's a game Audi play lol :p

Reactions: Timz15 and Sandra
Hi mate welcome to the forums :)

Your car looks great, wish I had gone for the bigger alloys. However I did get the tints, de badge, folding mirrors, HHA, extra coloured led lights inside, and the flat bottom wheel, as the wheel gives a bit of extra leg space...think the folding mirrors and HHA are now standard?!?

Have you found the jack and locking wheel nut yet? It's a game Audi play lol :p

Thank you!

If there was one minor extra I would add it would have been the extended lighting pack . Yes, folding mirrors & HHA (which is brilliant btw) are standard.

Haha I did find the jack & locking - I made sure I asked before I drove away! Also seen the previous post about the washer fluid - anything else that I need to look for lol?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
anything else that I need to look for lol?

Not to look for, but watch out for the rain! If you open the boot quickly after the car has been standing in the rain, it will flood the boot! Same with the doors/windows, the water runs off the roof and straight inside the car onto the seats! I did it last night, I put the passenger window down (as it was misted up) pulled off the drive and as I did a shed load of water covered the inside door panel and seat!!! :blink:

Just to rub it in :p
img_5011-2-jpg.141916

Not to look for, but watch out for the rain! If you open the boot quickly after the car has been standing in the rain, it will flood the boot! Same with the doors/windows, the water runs off the roof and straight inside the car onto the seats! I did it last night, I put the passenger window down (as it was misted up) pulled off the drive and as I did a shed load of water covered the inside door panel and seat!!! :blink:

Just to rub it in
img_5011-2-jpg.141916
Oh really!? I'll keep that in mind - cheers for the heads up!

Ahh ... Would have been nice if the colours came through on the S line trim on the door openings too

Reactions: S32B
Very nice mate my first S5 was Nav Blue lovely colour. Those 19” alloys are cracking as well

lovely looking car and yes, larger alloys do set it off well.

nice little trick is that not only can you open the tailgate/boot with the button on the drivers door but once open you can use it to shut it as well (not sure that works on the coupe but on my sportback, it works a treat!)

nice little trick is that not only can you open the tailgate/boot with the button on the drivers door but once open you can use it to shut it as well (not sure that works on the coupe but on my sportback, it works a treat!)
Thanks! Will test that out tomorrow. I would have thought that would be within the comfort package?

Never noticed it on mine, think you'd need power struts, the coupe has small curved bits...I'll try it though next time I'm in the car :)