3.0tdi Quattro suspension

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying my new Audi but it handles like a boat so it needs new suspension (not original SE).
On my last 2 cars I went for AP shocks & springs from DPM and was very happy. I noticed DPM sell JOM coilovers for £200 which is pretty cheap.
Has anyone fitted these? They come with a 2 year guarantee so sales may not mean good feedback???

Only ever heard bad stories with JOM (well longevity if abused/bad roads) I'd stick AP coil overs on there or Spring and Bilstein combo.

Thanks I'll probably get AP strut and springs. I had them on my old b6 1.9tdi and they were fine if a bit low. AP coilovers are obviously very good but 230 quid more. That difference would pay for the front control arm set.

This is what my cab looked ike when it was running rs4 19 with h r springs (rs4)
Upload 2019 4 7 0 24 16

I know it’s a bit of a different option but I went for vogtland coilovers. They were about £550 for my avant. Ride is nice, still comfy for everyday driving. I know it’s a bit more than struts and springs but just thought I’d throw them in there. And just saw your other topic I’ve just put a feb control kit on my s4. Only done a few hundred miles but no complaints and it’s sorted the cluck I was getting on light acceleration and braking

Im getting an annoying click on light braking and accelerating. What did you change Sam1989?

Had new tie rods and lower arms installed. Then had both inner and outer cv’s rebuilt on the fronts. There wasn’t much play in either end but combined it seemed enough to cause the knock on slow braking and accelerating. It was driving me mad for months! Cured now! Mine was the drivers side but had both sides done.

Tell me about it!! Slowing down for speed humps everytime theres a click, pulling up at home click!!! Well annoying. Did you fit all the bits yourself? How much did it cost you?

All the cv joints came to about £100. Tie rods £50 for both sides and then lower control arms came to about £80 for both lower both sides. In fairness the control arms were okay. Just one had slight play. I had the garage do it for me as I had it aligned after that work and having new suspension. I did the driveshafts myself as it was pretty straight forward. Just some swearing and sweating getting the first one out. Haha

That sounds decent price. Where did you get the parts from?