Has anyone tinted front and back lights

storian

Reaction score
Hi all has anyone tinted the lights of their A3.?
I’m looking to do the rear windows and also do the
lights with something very light. Looking for other people’s opinion and experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the backs done on the S3 I sold on.
60f6b67fb964a19620f6e788c7bcba5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp_motley
I'was going to tint my rear lights partially after collecting my car. I found a picture online and did some image manipulation by darkening a lower section of the tail lights (only the parts that is a little deeper then the main light body). I also darkened the reflectors and the 3-rd break light. This is what I'm going to do to the rear. The pictures are below. The first one shows all the lights and reflectors smoked. The second one shows the left side smoked only for comparison. I made it a little darker on the last image just to see how it would look. I think it looks sharper with only the lower part of a tail light being a little darker. What do you think?

Nano Grey BE 11 Nano Grey BE 12 Nano Grey BE 51

Reactions: Wing Lun
I'was going to tint my rear lights partially after collecting my car. I found a picture online and did some image manipulation by darkening a lower section of the tail lights (only the parts that is a little deeper then the main light body). I also darkened the reflectors and the 3-rd break light. This is what I'm going to do to the rear. The pictures are below. The first one shows all the lights and reflectors smoked. The second one shows the left side smoked only for comparison. I made it a little darker on the last image just to see how it would look. I think it looks sharper with only the lower part of a tail light being a little darker. What do you think?

View attachment 176895 View attachment 176896 View attachment 176897
Loving that colour, what is it? Not seen it on an S3 3 door before.

Everytime I have ever driven behind a car with rear tints I'm unable to identify if their brake lights come on or not. Admittedly the cars I've seen it with are usually older so the lights aren't as bright anyway. But stil... When functionality and safety is compromised, it should be illegal.

/24 year old sounding like old man

Reactions: KenL
Everytime I have ever driven behind a car with rear tints I'm unable to identify if their brake lights come on or not. Admittedly the cars I've seen it with are usually older so the lights aren't as bright anyway. But stil... When functionality and safety is compromised, it should be illegal.

I saw cars as you describe. It's awful. But there is also a difference between blackening the lights out or applying just a light smoke.

Reactions: Wing Lun and S32B
Audi have genuine tinted rear lights for the current shape A5, maybe it’s something they will offer for the A3/S3.

It's Nano Grey, exactly the color that I ordered for my next car.
Oh right I thought that was your car?!?! So what have you ordered in that colour?

Just been playing on the Audi site as the weather is blahh and my wife is laid up with a torn calf muscle....so I'm bored lol:

Nano grey
Nano grey 2

Reactions: TYb, dp_motley and oli356

I saw cars as you describe. It's awful. But there is also a difference between blackening the lights out or applying just a light smoke.

Told my nephew about doing his...did he listen??? :blink:

Blk

Reactions: KenL, oli356 and dp_motley
Oh right I thought that was your car?!?! So what have you ordered in that colour?
Ordered a nano grey A3 35TFSI Sportback S-line with the black optics. It's 9 days to the collection day. Can't wait.

Reactions: S32B
Back in the day of chavtastic fiesta and 205 modding, we used to warm the lights with a hairdryer before spraying with tint. This gave a gloss finish as opposed to the horrible rough matt finish usually achieved.

:gorilla:
Back in the day of chavtastic fiesta and 205 modding, we used to warm the lights with a hairdryer before spraying with tint. This gave a gloss finish as opposed to the horrible rough matt finish usually achieved.

There were some that wrapped black tights around their lights to get the tinted look. Looked awful :wink:

Guilty! for putting red tights on my rear lights on my first car (AXGT) for some reason I thought it was a good idea but I was 17. I even had a spare pair for when they started turning Pink :-(