Rear diffuser

I fancied one similar to this one just to wake the rear end up a little, wasn't sure how well it would fit being fibreglass. Also i have a detachable towbar too that sits close to the stock rear bumper so decided to leave it.

It has potential to look awesome though imo!

I will update with photos once it is on but will be a while.

Unsure weather to paint It black or dark grey

tend to look better in the same colour as the bumper .

Thats purely a matter of opinion, i think black would suit if you have other black parts like the grille

Hiya. Was tempted with one of these myself. Has it arrived yet?

love this splitter I’ll be buying it this month and painting it gloss black and using 6x4 oval exhaust tips, just currently figuring out how to make these 19x10j rear wheels from my e class fit first, the hot air gun and arch roller will be coming in to use I think lol

Good luck with those rims chap, I think you may find them a tad too wide but worth a go.

I've tested the rear on and they stick out a lot but that's with a 255 rear tyre ill stick some 235's on and get the arch roller on them and see what its like, there nice wheels so will be a shame to not use them and widening the rear arches isn't all bad if it goes tits up lol but I think your right I am going to struggle with this one.

Ahhhh now I’ve seen this I want one! Let us know what the build quality is like when it arrives please and post some pictures when you get it fitted :icon thumright:

not ideal if you have any sort of towbar, means cutting and it will not be nice afterwards , but if you don't have a towbar then that's different.

It's a nice style but the thing that puts me of is that it does not flush fit , it stick's out from the bumper profile so looks like an add on part whereas the oem valances are flush .
would look great with my quads but I have a detach towbar which means cutting the centre section, cant be seen on the oem valances but will be on this one otherwise i'd give one a try.

It's a nice style but the thing that puts me of is that it does not flush fit , it stick's out from the bumper profile so looks like an add on part whereas the oem valances are flush .
would look great with my quads but I have a detach towbar which means cutting the centre section, cant be seen on the oem valances but will be on this one otherwise i'd give one a try.
This was my thinking Rob, as you say its an invisible cut on the oem valence. My towbar aslo fits quite tight to the oem bumper too when fitted.

I've looked at lots of valance since owning my old bus Alex and to date only the oem ones work seamlessly with a towbar , fixed or detachable, in fact the the detach ones are even closer to the bumper than the fixed ones.
In the end I just went with an S4 one to use the quad tips, still think it looks great , but hey , just my preference.

rob

you avant lot cant have it all there's some parts that's meant for saloons only ;) lol

Reactions: Michael Holloway
Why not after all " avants rule, ok" :icon thumright::respekt:
Saloon's are nice too though:yes: , but avants are just better:rock:

Reactions: martin1984
I do love the avants to be fair first audi I fell in love with was a black b6 avant 1.8 turbo...…..but I love saloons more lol, ive got the e class and that's an estate so its saloon all the way for me with this one, plus I can go a bit wild with modifying i.e widen the arches to get these damn wheels on flush haha I did try uploading a pic but it said file was to large, it was only a photo from my iPhone :shrug:

Ahh there we go.
B5434E07 8ADB 4452 8A67 FDA73BF0F161
EA70BEC0 9C86 46C5 8CC3 ECFDCC4C8820

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I don't think they will go even with some arch manipulation, but give it a go chap , be nice if they do.

challenge accepted Rob ill keep you updated mate, I have to overcome the lowering springs after as well...oh dear, anyway sorry Kieran back to the original post id love to see a picture of this splitter on your car post a pic when you have it fitted please :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I don’t like glass fibre body parts as a rule.

The ones shown in the eBay advert look pretty rough too. And they fit too proud of the surrounding plastic bumper. It makes t look too much of an add-on. It’s not evenly mounted either, I would say these diffusers may look worse in real life, as photographs tend to “flatter” the look better than in reality.

I would rather go with an OEM B7 S4 bumper, and add plastic fins to the valence.

Last edited: