A5 dtuk and tcu

T

Taudi

so i was driving my car checking air fuel ratio with the box so at full wot afr hit 14-15 and then bounce back toh 11.5-12.5 which i believe is fine and at shift point it would hit 17-20 again that also i believe is fine. So what bothered me was on 3rd gear pull around 5000 rpm car bogged and mmi showed fault ind driving system contact workshop. So i the elm327 i was using for afr i just searched for codes on that it stated stored code and it was intake system leakage anyways i cleared that and car started working fine again i turned off started again but code was not seen. Its just that it bothers me what can be the ecu or maybe ecu messed up?oh i also tried scanning with my obdeleven later on but it stated zero fault code

so i was driving my car checking air fuel ratio with the box so at full wot afr hit 14-15 and then bounce back toh 11.5-12.5 which i believe is fine and at shift point it would hit 17-20 again that also i believe is fine. So what bothered me was on 3rd gear pull around 5000 rpm car bogged and mmi showed fault ind driving system contact workshop. So i the elm327 i was using for afr i just searched for codes on that it stated stored code and it was intake system leakage anyways i cleared that and car started working fine again i turned off started again but code was not seen. Its just that it bothers me what can be the ecu or maybe ecu messed up?oh i also tried scanning with my obdeleven later on but it stated zero fault code
I have had a DTUK box fitted to my S5 with no issues at all. Could be something else causing the issue, but thinking the DTUK box is the culprit. Try running with and without for a while and see if it happens again.

I think they are knowledgable enough. I had a drive error come up after a long run with mine, restarted the engine and all was well and good. Personally, unless it keeps happening, and it hasn't occured again yet, I am not going to worry...

So **** happened. I was driving my car in evening and it suddenly stopped i prked it the car turned off i started again but it turned off again. So i took the box out and started the car the car throwed oil and white smoke from the exhaust and oil level went totally to zero. So thankyou dtuk my car is officially ****** bec of them.

Talk to them, never known this to happen and you are assuming it is the box that's caused this....

Last edited:
Talk to them, never known this to happen and you are assuming it is the box that's caused this....
What will they even do?as of they will own it up i kept asking them how do i keep check of my afr or lambda to check if car is not eunning lean they had no idea i asked them if they must have checked it while tuning the box for the car they said its not disclosed to us.....utterly disappointed. Tomorrow audi will tell what went wrong i also did tcu flash i hope waranty is claimed they dont find out that something was done to the car..

But you are blaming the box without any evidence yet. DTUK are a very reputable and professional company and they do not release a product without thoroughly testing first. If your engine had a inherent flaw in the first place then fitting a tuning item can only then place more stress upon it.
I had a tuning box fitted to my 1.4 audi and not one issue, as have many. As stated, you need to contact DTUK first and foremost so they be given the right to fully investigate. You will get no where by making allegations against them...

Reactions: V6_Man
Drive the car with DTC, not know the cause, delete it even not understand it, destroy the engine and accuse tuning company.
Is that right? I don't think so.

Last edited: