Recommeded Compression test kits for TFSI's.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon all, I am looking for some guidance on compression test kits for TFSI's , well A4 B7 2.0tfsi more specifically.
I need to check out my engine but given the varied quality and pricing of some kits what kits are recommended .
Also any specific audi method or preferred method of testing the compression on these engine.
Any help / feedback to assist my purchase with a decent kit would be excellent.

rob

Anything by a vaguely reputable maker with screw fittings in a case would be my recommendation Rob. Something like these:

Silverline 598559
Sealey CT955

Perfectly adequate for occasional use without going overboard. I'd avoid ones with just the compression cone fitting, the screw in adaptors give you a much more consistent reading.

P.S You probably know, but repeating the test with a bit of oil poured in the cylinder can give an indication whether you have low compression due to the rings, or the valves.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thanks for the input chap, i'll compare the two, but sealey has allways been reasonable kit for lightweight occasional use.

thanks
rob

Reactions: Baka
No worries, agreed Sealey/Draper are my go to for 'I'll probably use this less than once a year' tools. :)

Halfords do a draper one , I’ve had one for twenty years and still does the job