a3 problems

brett.w

Reaction score
Here goes 2005 a3 1.9tdi bought car with starting issues so did vcds no codes at all but would not start very well took ages when it did start no boost at all so i did the following new injectors then no difference so then noticed timing belt was loose so fitted new timing belt and waterpump with tensioner start problem sorted starts first turn of the key but still no boost then told was turbo so put new cartrige in and still no boost the car starts runs fine but no boost and no airleak at all tried new maff map sensors no difference tried exhaust off no difference the actuator is moving when engine is on cleaned all crap from inside turbo vanes when turbo was off so it is all now moving free also its had a new dual mass flywheel and clutch before i bought it im now stumped i have just been told could be high pressure fuel pump but dont want to guess anymore and still no codes any more suggestions

Can’t help specifically Brett I’m afraid but try posting in the relevant A3 section for more chance of a specific answer, I’m sure someone will help mate

Reactions: voorhees
sorry mate but i have no idea how to post stuff im a complete novice at this any help would be apreciated thanks