immobilizer stopping the engine from starting

duanedibbs

Reaction score
Hi i had a flat battery the other day so i put it on charge whilst the it was still connected to the car once fully charged I tried to start it and non of my lcds on the cluster was working nor did the key light up

The car would run for a second then shut off a friend came round put on my ignition then removed a fuse it turned my cluster off then when he put it back in everything started to work the car started to run nice turned the car off left it for a few hrs and its back to having no lcds and no immobilizer key on dash tried taking out the fuse that he took out and nothing happened dash didnt turn of or anything its just stuck with the engine stopping after a second

Plus before all this happened I was driving down the road and my cluster just flickered then cut out then came back on that happens twice b4 all the above started. its been on vag code was immobilizer stopping the engine from starting and vag cant read instrument panel no communication thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try a new battery - although it's weird that it has enough power to start the car but have issues with the cluster, unless it's busted?

im also thinking the cluster is busted just wanted to see if anyone else thought so b4 i fork out 150+ quid

fuses are all good m8 checked them twice battery fully charged and its still the same cars doing my head in now.

i would recommend to remove the cluster... blast both connectors and cluster pins with electrical contact spray. let it dry and reconnect everything up again

Cluster.

I had the same thing happen to me.

took cluster off today again cleaned everything out and its still the same plus ive changed the battery and no change wheres the best place to send the cluster if its shagged