MMI connect superseded by app that I can't get!

That information is only available on the newer models not the a3/s3.
Think is the a4/5/6/7/8 that’s got this as these were completely new models recently whereas the a3 is a 6-7 old model that’s just had a midlife facelift. All we get is send destination and twitter.
Sorry just saw Geoff's post and A3 tag so assumed all were the same, it was only when I opened up his pic I saw A8 :)

To be fair the technology is there but they want you to buy the new car when it comes out
I’ve had that on my merc for 3 years now and you can use it like a tracker.

Does the A3 have an SOS button that works through a separate module and not through a paired phone? Vehicle status is only available with cars equipped with this module as it uses the information stored in the key fob...

My car is going in for a service tomorrow and I mentioned that the new app didn't work with the MMI anymore.
He said there was a service call for updating the MMI software on the car.

What I suspect the update will be is that it will remove the menu options to try and connect to a media device via WiFi or the update has nothing to do with the new app.
I will be very surprised if the connecting to a media device via WiFi will work again.

Spoke with the service team at the dealers and there is a service bulletin from Audi stating that the Wi-Fi MMI source has been disabled for media playing. Therefore no more internet radio or playing music on older cars that relied on MMI Connect App and now using MyAudi.

After the Software update for the car's MMI the MMI source option for Wi-Fi is still there but wont function.

Also the MyAudi web portal includes new sections sections that are not supported for older cars with the following general message rather than saying that it isn't supported:-
"To experience the full range of myAudi features, save your Audi partner and ask your partner to set you up as the key user"

Last edited: