Facelift MMI2 & Andrioid Auto

larbel

Reaction score
Anyone using Android Auto on MMI2? I've been having issue with my Galaxy Note Edge, every time I connect it to USB, it prompts me for MTP data transfer, but nothing happens after I confirm. And if I go to Connection Manager in MMI Setting and manually select Android Auto, the check box would checked for couple of secs and then uncheck itself, could never get it to connect..

The same Note Edge is connecting to my other car's Android head unit just fine with Android Auto, so it's an Audi issue? Anyone having similar issue or know any fix?

Not sure if I am MMI2 (S3 2017 FL) but Android Auto for the most part for me works great, can't stand Apple CarPlay, but separate topic that :p I do occasionally have issues with it connecting up, I'll connect my Samsung S9+ and 9 times out of 10 the display will change from Audi smartphone interface to android auto and work great. Sometimes I have to unplug and replug in a few times and then it'll pair up. I do have to click a prompt saying something along the lines of "Allow data transfer". Uninstalling AA and reinstalling fixed most issues for me.
AA itself then has some issues, but think it might be the dual SIM in my phone, when I try and send messages sometimes it'll just go unresponsive after asking "do you want to send or change".