Coilovers on ebay any good?

s3evil34

Reaction score
Hi been looking at a few sets of Coilovers on ebay! Some look alright for around the 250 300 pound mark. Just seeing if anyone has used or runs either fk ak Coilovers or stance ones. These seem to be fairy popular and come with a 2 year guarantee.

Hi been looking at a few sets of Coilovers on ebay! Some look alright for around the 250 300 pound mark. Just seeing if anyone has used or runs either fk ak Coilovers or stance ones. These seem to be fairy popular and come with a 2 year guarantee.

I would spend £100 more and get some AP coilovers mate. Don’t go super low but definitely great value for money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBay nasty tend to have crap seals and will leak after a while. Anything that connects you to the ground shouldn’t be skimped out on, tyres, brakes, suspension are what stops you from having accidents. Invest well, invest once

Reactions: hydro s3
I would spend £100 more and get some AP coilovers mate. Don’t go super low but definitely great value for money

Second that.

Reactions: AmanDosangh
Yeah the ap ones are the ones I really want Was just seeing what people thought of the ebay ones . I have apex ones on at the moment But they are old and leaking so need replacing .

Yeah the ap ones are the ones I really want Was just seeing what people thought of the ebay ones . I have apex ones on at the moment But they are old and leaking so need replacing .

My s3 came with fk coilovers on. I dont know how long they were on but were that badly rusted “yet” but they were bouncy and the fronts shat themselves 6months after i bought the car haha! If not already get yourself on the s3 8l owners page on facebook and stick a post up! A few breakers on there that have some goodies! Im sure chris mcdermott (breaker) has some coilovers for sale off a breaker

I had ap on my s3, sold as a mid range set which I think is a bit optimistic, quality is questionable, they felt firm on the road, to firm for my liking, I would go lowering springs with appropriate shocks if I were to do it again or spend a lot of money on high end coil overs

OK guys good advise in my experience all Coilovers I ever buy whever cheap or expensive all seem to handle the same On all my previous cars. The only thing I noticed with more expensive ones is more adjustment which does not count for much unless you track it all the time . And more expensive ones last longer . But still feel the same as cheap ones . Might buy some standard shocks then and drop it on springs. Any particular ones?