Changing HID bulbs

L22

Reaction score
Thinking on upgrading my d3s bulbs but is there an another way rather than bumper removal? T.I.A.

Do you mean your Xenon bulbs that came with the car?

OK. Not sure you can "upgrade" the Xenon bulbs. I'm very happy with my lights.

You can get osram nightbreaker and Philips upgraded bulbs for d3s fitment

You can get osram nightbreaker and Philips upgraded bulbs for d3s fitment

Are they not upgrades for Halogen (Not Xenon) bulbs?

Are they not upgrades for Halogen (Not Xenon) bulbs?

Nope, been looking at some for the wife’s car too. They offer between 150% and 200% more light according to marketing, dubious how accurate that is but they’re supposedly better than OEM.

You can take off the inner wheel arch liner to access the bulbs, takes about an hour per side all in. I changed mine to Osram nightbreakers and happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: L22
I would recommend you to remove the bumper for installation. This is the most secure way to install the bulb and won't take long

I would recommend you to remove the bumper for installation. This is the most secure way to install the bulb and won't take long

Unbelievable that Audi designed the car like this. Bulbs are consumable items and should be a doddle to change.

Unbelievable that Audi designed the car like this. Bulbs are consumable items and should be a doddle to change.

Unfortunately the way a lot of manufacturers do it now, another way to try and get your money! My old 2001 Polo GTi had the bumper off to change the sidelight bulbs, madness!

Especially stupid in countries where you need to carry a spare bulb kit, useless if you can’t change it yourself without needing a mobile workshop.

Reactions: Mckin Lei and KenL
Yea, thats really ridiculous and stupid. I followed the guide found on youtube and spent 3 hours for the first time installation. Once you are familiar with the removal step, i think that would be a 30-45 mins job.

Attachments

• 1540388845444373.jpg
    1540388845444373.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 80