time to go maybe

Personally I think that Caymen S looks the dogs. If you like it then that is all that really matters :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Did not think buying a Porsche could be so contentious... cheers from 40, 000 feet somewhere over the Indian ocean

Dave, Porsche have designed classic cars that vary little from their origins and remain the epitome of sports car design and functionality as a true sports car. The only other car that comes close to the Porsche design school is my favourite car of all time, the Ferrari Dino.

12795274984_e6ac26fc73_b.jpg

Reactions: BarryG79 and Daveotto
Dave, Porsche have designed classic cars that vary little from their origins and remain the epitome of sports car design and functionality as a true sports

Could not agree more, only got to spend a few hours in the Porsche museum to see the DNA flowing through from the initial Beetle like design through to today's models. Was a bit of a wobble in the late 70’s/early 80’s whenthey newlry went bust though

Did not think buying a Porsche could be so contentious... cheers from 40, 000 feet somewhere over the Indian ocean

Ah mate it's not contentious in anyway.it's just this part of the 8V forum is that boring at the mo.......everyone wants a say in your considered purchase.....and being on here like yourself for so long....yer best not even posting a thread on it.....and just do it......then show it aff.....thats what ill be doing next time around

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Dave, Porsche have designed classic cars that vary little from their origins and remain the epitome of sports car design and functionality as a true sports car. The only other car that comes close to the Porsche design school is my favourite car of all time, the Ferrari Dino.

12795274984_e6ac26fc73_b.jpg

Hey mate the only thing on the Dino that resembles a Porker is the shape of the headlights......moving em goal posts far too much

Reactions: Flying Scotsman
The Cayman S was on Fifth Gear last night ... up against the BMW M2 :icon thumright:

The Porsche hammered the Bimmer round the track, albeit it had optional carbon ceramic brakes @ £5k fitted :moneybag:

Yep, saw that, but dry track

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think there are many of us who do not share your view on engine sound of the glorious 5 pot in the RS3.
It adds so much to the appeal / drama / occasion of the car IMO.
Performance wise, the RS3 is not that much quicker than an S3.

The Cayman is a totally different package / sports car & not really a comparison on any level to either Audi.
The Porsche is a stunning car full stop.

Agree on the sound adding to appeal, and I am past mid forties. My wife’s JCW with sports exhaust makes me smile just starting her up. My Q5 on the other hand is whisper quiet. I NEED an RS with sports exhaust next

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
Ah mate it's not contentious in anyway.it's just this part of the 8V forum is that boring at the mo.......everyone wants a say in your considered purchase.....and being on here like yourself for so long....yer best not even posting a thread on it.....and just do it......then show it aff.....thats what ill be doing next time around

End of lifecycle for the 8V that’s why. Tbh can’t beleive i’ve been on here 6 years ish since before I was one of the first to order the 8V Sportback (and had an 8P for 3.5 years before that

Agree on the sound adding to appeal, and I am past mid forties. My wife’s JCW with sports exhaust makes me smile just starting her up. My Q5 on the other hand is whisper quiet. I NEED an RS with sports exhaust next
Your spending too much time on the 8v RS3 forum mate

Haha, enjoy your trip down under

Reactions: Daveotto

Aw, you gotta share before pulling the trigger on your next purchase!

Reactions: Jassyo06
@Daveotto you enjoy your car mate it looks great :thumbs up: Everyone will have their own opinions which is fine, if we all went for the same thing life would be very boring indeed ;) I know what I'd rather rock up to a nice country hotel in and it certainly isn't the loudest car you can buy for everyone to look and think "What a tw**" :);)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Daveotto and 1 other person
Cayman S is a far superior car to an S3. If you don't need rear doors or rear seats it's a no brainer. Looks good as is with the black wheels as well.

Reactions: NevMan
Been thinking of moving into one of these myself. They're really great cars.

Thought it might be a BM. You waiting for next S1?

No mate....not in the new car mode at all,100% happy with my car, but it wont be a Beemer as my son is moving back to Audi...WELL the last time l spoke to him he was, even then it's highly unlikely i'll buy a car from him,the new A1...looks guff Audi have made it too trendy looking..ie too many bits of honeycombed matte black plastic around it's exterior ie....a bit too Hyundai,the new A3 will be no doubt the same...ie mess about with the exterior...but fire all the tech into the interior with the ever diminishing Audi build quality

Reactions: Tom.H, TYb, Jcbmally and 1 other person
No mate....not in the new car mode at all,100% happy with my car, but it wont be a Beemer as my son is moving back to Audi...WELL the last time l spoke to him he was, even then it's highly unlikely i'll buy a car from him,the new A1...looks guff Audi have made it too trendy looking..ie too many bits of honeycombed matte black plastic around it's exterior ie....a bit too Hyundai,the new A3 will be no doubt the same...ie mess about with the exterior...but fire all the tech into the interior with the ever diminishing Audi build quality

Hmmm.... Son used to work for Audi bought and S3... Did you used to own an RCZ by any chance?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hmmm.... Son used to work for Audi bought and S3... Did you used to own an RCZ by any chance?

Thought it was you the diehard Beemer man lol Yip the RCZ loved the looks but a gutless wonder then it was a 2013 Focus ST3,since then it's been 2 overpriced Audi's lol

Thought it was you the diehard Beemer man lol Yip the RCZ loved the looks but a gutless wonder then it was a 2013 Focus ST3,since then it's been 2 overpriced Audi's lol
What did you think of the ST3 Jassy?

What did you think of the ST3 Jassy?
Loved it brilliant car to drive most of the time ,my car had a few electrical gremlins though, but worst of all was the dealership who's attempts at fixing the gremlins left me bewildered to say the least, my focus was one of the first on the roads so when l sold it on my car was worth £2k more than l owed on the pcp only car lve ever made money on, if there's such a thing lol

Loved it brilliant car to drive most of the time ,my car had a few electrical gremlins though, but worst of all was the dealership who's attempts at fixing the gremlins left me bewildered to say the least, my focus was one of the first on the roads so when l sold it on my car was worth £2k more than l owed on the pcp only car lve ever made money on, if there's such a thing lol

Interesting, it’s at the back of my mind as a cheaper alternative to an S3 once my PCP is up, just want to get out of the PCP loop now, my list seems to be growing and growing..

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Aye ah know. £2000 for that and carbon wing mirrors. Talk about a waste of money. Car was spec’d by the dealer. I’d have spec’d self park and adaptive cruise instead, but the deal was good enough to cancel out the spurious options!