VCDS error issues, any help would be great

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well it would appear my endless spate of faults, well is just endless now.
I have sorted the rest but now a new one has pinged up, i have had a good look on the ross tech pages but nothing specific comes up.
So if anyone out there can clarify exactly what the problem is and what the solution is, please reply.

049922 - Software Incompatibility with Transmission Control Module
U0302 - 001 - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 117375 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 814 /min
Load: 17.6 %
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Temperature: 92.0°C
Temperature: 28.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.097 V

rob

I think it maybe connected to the steering wheel angle sensor G85 and the ESP sensor unit G419 being out of calibration.
I'll attempt to re-calibrate them both via vcds and see what happens then, in the meantime if anyone could shed more light on the error code i'd be very greatfull
rob

That's odd, I would have thought transmission control module would have referred to gearbox controller on an auto but your car is manual isn't it?
Having said that this is what can make fault codes misleading.

this may be wild but check the ecu box for water ingress and also is the battery still good? iv seen all manor of codes from a failing batt

That's odd, I would have thought transmission control module would have referred to gearbox controller on an auto but your car is manual isn't it?
Having said that this is what can make fault codes misleading.

yes, manual g/box so not sure why there would be transmission module, all very odd.

this may be wild but check the ecu box for water ingress and also is the battery still good? iv seen all manor of codes from a failing batt

Battery is almost new and allways full charged , not had a problem with the ecu module and water ingress before but will have a look.

cheers chaps.

Well a new day and still the problem persists, the odd error code and message does seem to be a strange one really and everyone I speak to about it are scratching there heads .
On the ESP front things have improved a bit in as much as the alert lamp is only randomly flashing now , but, it will be off for most of the time , then i can make a slow left turn and its comes on again.
I am hoping it is the G85 & G419 sensors that need re-calibrating, I suppose it could be left hand abs sensor but vcds doesn't ping up an error for any wheel sensors.

On a more positive note at least the error log hasn't grown any longer …..something good there then..

rob

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…