Couple of Sat Nav questions

joinerman

Reaction score
I want to install a sat nav in my B6 but i don't want it up on the dash or glued to the screen, i want to put it in the gap above the ash tray ( slightly angled ) i don't smoke so the ash tray is never used, question one, can i power it from somewhere other than the fag lighter as i use that for another gizmo to play my music through Bluetooth from my phone, question two any recommendations for a unit, prefer a more rectangle shape than a curved edge one so it sits better in the gap, oh & if it has Bluetooth will it conflict with the parrott for my phone.

Probably not best practice to be looking down that low whilst driving.

Cheapest option would be to use your phone if you are wanting audio guidance seeing as its already kicking out sound through bluetooth.

Probably not best practice to be looking down that low whilst driving.

Cheapest option would be to use your phone if you are wanting audio guidance seeing as its already kicking out sound through bluetooth.

Have you seen where the standard nav plus is!

Reactions: DieselJake
Well i have come up with a solution, i downloaded navmii onto my iPhone & made this cradle that the phone just slides into, it works really well
IMG 0809 Phone holder

It is only about 12mm thick so does not sit away from the dash, it does look like it does in the picture but it's tight to the vents.