Folding mirrors and VCDS coding

Mylee

Reaction score
A question for the VCDS guru's that walk among us :)

I want to fit folding mirrors to my S3 cab. First thing I understand is that the cab mirrors are a different part no to the sportback and saloon???? Can anyone confirm this?
Secondly, will the folders work without fitting the 4 position mirror switch? My plan is to just have them fold on lock which I know is available via VCDS?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the part numbers for cabrio and other models, maybe you can check it at Audi dealership. About the mirror switch, auto-folding on lock/unlock is supposed to work, even if you don't replace the switch. When I was retrofitting folding mirrors to my A3 saloon I've tried to operate both folding and non-folding mirrors with both the 2 position stock switch and the 4 position switch, and the controls for mirror glass positioning worked properly for all combinations. The mirror switch is a simple resistive component that switches voltages on the door module inputs. There is no intricate serial bus connection and the door module actually doesn't know which switch is installed. The door modules are also the same for cabrio and saloon. I'm using door modules that were originally installed in a cabrio. Only did some changes on coding, such as disabling short drop for the windows, which only makes sense for the cab models.

Reactions: Mylee
............i looked in to retro fitting power fold mirrors to my RS3 !!!!!!!!!the cost put me off.