All season or winter

No if I remember correctly that’s just storage of tyres only . Delivered back to your local centre . Best to check with them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I thought the £120 the dealer wanted was steep. That included 2 changes per year.
I will store your wheels for £80 for 6 months.my garage is big enough for at least 40 sets. :wink:
That’s will pay for the car

Reactions: oli356 and NevMan
And I thought the £120 the dealer wanted was steep. That included 2 changes per year.
I will store your wheels for £80 for 6 months.my garage is big enough for at least 40 sets. :wink:
That’s will pay for the car

If you had a location in every major town in the Uk for people to drop them off and for them to return them to. And you offered fitting and balancing on those sites as an option you may be in business .
As I say it’s not for me as I have the space , just replying to the post which asked if anyone offered that service .

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
If you had a location in every major town in the Uk for people to drop them off and for them to return them to. And you offered fitting and balancing on those sites as an option you may be in business .
As I say it’s not for me as I have the space , just replying to the post which asked if anyone offered that service .

How about I do it half price and you can come get it yourself and I will lend you a trolley jack :thumbs up:

Will swap them in 2 weeks time. Anyone got suggestions on how to store them. Planning to get some tyre bags and leave them in the shed. Should I get a small tyre rack?

I made a couple of wheel racks from angle iron and put them high up on the garage wall so they are above head height. Just need to lift the wheels up via step ladder.

Attachments

• IMG_20181005_223304.jpg
    IMG_20181005_223304.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20181005_223143.jpg
    IMG_20181005_223143.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: NevMan, AlS3BE and Philip Davies
I made a couple of wheel racks from angle iron and put them high up on the garage wall so they are above head height. Just need to lift the wheels up via step ladder.

Neat!

Reactions: NevMan and Fatbloke
When do you guys are planning to change to winter tyres? Mine had arrived and eagerly waiting to swap them.

Maybe wait a while as temperatures in the South are supposed to be 20+ next weekend.

Reactions: NevMan
Maybe wait a while as temperatures in the South are supposed to be 20+ next weekend.

It's hard to predict. Once it's done it's done. I took them off too early this year. Got Beast From The East 2. Not a good idea.

Reactions: AlS3BE, Samw12 and NevMan
Well that’s me sorted now.
Just need the car repaired and I will get them on at the end of the month.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-7_21-19-56.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-7_21-19-56.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: NevMan
All, on my Q5, I currently have 235/55/19 summer tyres, and have just bought some OE 18" alloys.
On the tyre size front, wondering what is best to go for:

a) same as summer (but obviously 1" smaller) - 235/60/18 - Upping profile will match rolling circumference etc.
b) wider tyre - 245/255 and stick with 60 profile
c) 245/255 50 profile

On willtheyfit.com, difference as far as speedo etc seems negligible on 235/55/18 vs 255/55/18:

Upload 2018 10 8 15 31 50

Comments/suggestions welcome all, including @Tashfeen @jassyo06 @Scotty75 @Jimbob76

What does the sticker say on the door jam you should use? If you use anything outside that insurance company could call it a modification.
My last insurance company said as long as it’s factory spec it’s not a mod and I don’t need to tell them about it when I swap winters to summer and vice versa. Factory spec is on that sticker.

Reactions: Svenedin and NevMan
@AlS3BE that is a very good shout, and one I didn't think of :whistle2:

Tyre sticker says 235/60/18 as I suspected:

Tyres

Reactions: AlS3BE