Auto lights/wipers wiring

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
Afternoon all, has anyone got full wiring diagrams/info showing how to wire in all connections for auto lights, auto wipers and CH/LH function. I have bits and bobs but not quite enough to fathom it all out completely.

I have all necessary parts and correct windscreen fitted already, its just the wiring i need some pointers with.

Cheers

Hi there

Do you have to have a different windscreen fitted or is there a way around it. Would really like the auto wipers and lights. What parts do you need?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
The previous owner and fellow forum member had the windscreen swapped for the one required for this retrofit (has a ring fitted for mounting the sensor) but never got around to completing the job on my car. I purchased the auto light switch, CH/LH switch, sensor, factory wiring loom ( i just removed what wasnt required and re wrapped creating my own loom).

I believe the job is simple enough when you know where to make all connections and have it coded via Vag com. Once i have completed the retro i will hopefully make a guide for others.

Cheers

Reactions: Robbyb
Come on Al, stop procrastinating and just get on with it. Havn't you got the pinouts on that photo you took from my notes?

Ive had the bits for long enough! These are the pics i took from your magic book
20180721 112743
20180721 112803
20180721 112743

Did anyone ever complete this?

I'm about to buy another B7 and just noticing it doesn't have this but my current one does :(

I've a set of Xenons to do a retrofit that I haven't got round to (if that makes a difference for the future)

Yep finally got it finished and working spot on, auto lights with CH/LH and auto wipers. I have got all the info but its on my laptop that has decided to sh*t itself!

Besides the windscreen, what is the largest expense for this? Buying the mirror with sensor?

Besides the windscreen, what is the largest expense for this? Buying the mirror with sensor?

The parts i used were lifted straight from another vehicle, and i paid a decent price for them. Unless you can find a loom for sale you can modify like i did, you will be into buying pins, plugs and repair wires tonmake up your new loom.

I bought my dimming mirror for £50 i believe but all depends on the seller ofcourse. The light switch, ch/lh switch and the rain sensor can all be picked up for a decent price on Ebay.

Overall its not a massively expensive job to undertake, its also not that difficult either if you know what your doing.

windscreen is not cheap though unless you claim through windscreen cover and pay the extra .

windscreen is not cheap though unless you claim through windscreen cover and pay the extra .

Apart from the screen as you say, i think that is why most people don't bother with this retrofit. Although my screen was replaced by the previous owner who planned on doing this retrofit so i guess i was lucky.

Reactions: tr7
I abandoned ship on this and am keeping my own car.

Amazing how we get so attached to a few options!