Passing servicing date & days countdown?

S32B

Reaction score
OK so my car is booked in for the 23rd October. However, the actual days to the service is showing as 24 days, which will be the 17th October, I assume that if anything were to happen between those dates they wouldn't be anal enough to say I was late with the service?!?! Just wondering if there is a set number of days or miles they allow you to go over?

Also if the car isn't being used for a week, do the number of days still drop? Reason I ask is that we go away for a week this Thursday.

Ser

OK so my car is booked in for the 23rd October. However, the actual days to the service is showing as 24 days, which will be the 17th October, I assume that if anything were to happen between those dates they wouldn't be anal enough to say I was late with the service?!?! Just wondering if there is a set number of days or miles they allow you to go over?

Also if the car isn't being used for a week, do the number of days still drop? Reason I ask is that we go away for a week this Thursday.

View attachment 166053

Pretty sure they give you 30 days.

Reactions: S32B
Although slightly different and I've mentioned it before, this is something I am going to have to get into with my dealer next year.
The countdown for my first fixed annual service will expire on 9th March, but my car was not registered and picked up by me until 31st May.
This has happened because it was a sister dealer that originally took delivery of my car so they done the PDI and started the countdown.
It should have been reset for me but they must have forgot about it.
I don't want my car serviced in March so will need to contact them nearer the time.....that's if I can actually manage to speak to anybody in their service dept! I tried that before and after a few phone calls still couldn't do it - they are always "busy" anytime I call. :anguished:

Although slightly different and I've mentioned it before, this is something I am going to have to get into with my dealer next year.
The countdown for my first fixed annual service will expire on 9th March, but my car was not registered and picked up by me until 31st May.
This has happened because it was a sister dealer that originally took delivery of my car so they done the PDI and started the countdown.
It should have been reset for me but they must have forgot about it.
I don't want my car serviced in March so will need to contact them nearer the time.....that's if I can actually manage to speak to anybody in their service dept! I tried that before and after a few phone calls still couldn't do it - they are always "busy" anytime I call. :anguished:
Not sure if this would do it, but I'm sure I saw an option of 'reset oil change service' may be the way to go in your case!?!?

EDIT* Just looked and it does:
Oil

Yes I seen that too and also wondered the same thing.....but it does not reset the inspection countdown which will then be out of sequence with the oil change. :(
In my case I believe Audi will need to go into the system to manually change both after I have my first service done ideally at the end of May/beginning of June.

I missed both service/inspections by a month or 2 they never uttered a stutter....and to be honest i wasnt giving a monkeys even if they did.....they just done what was required to the car at that given mileage

People panic and worry too much ....

Reactions: Kev57 and Jassyo06