Turbo Inlet Elbow

Scotty75

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been looking around for a turbo inlet elbow for my A3 2.0 tdi 150ps. PFL 2013.

Searching around all I keep finding is results for 2.0 TFSI / TSI. Does anyone have any suggestions.

TIA

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No mate, I'm looking for an upgraded version. Increases induction / airflow to the turbo. One that's made of aluminium or similar , not oem part.

Thanks for looking though

No mate, I'm looking for an upgraded version. Increases induction / airflow to the turbo. One that's made of aluminium or similar , not oem part.

Thanks for looking though

Ahh I see lol. I think mine has a small leak or smit. Abit of crud/soot on the pipe that sticks out

Attachments

• IMG_1594.PNG
    IMG_1594.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
That's not good mate.

God knows what that pipe that goes into the inlet does. Any ideas ??
What pipe are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about a pipe coming off the pipe feeding in to the exhaust side of the turbo? If so, it's probably the wastegate

What pipe are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about a pipe coming off the pipe feeding in to the exhaust side of the turbo? If so, it's probably the wastegate

Yeah it's the one that comes off the inlet u bend

Nothing to worry about then ??

Yeah it's the one that comes off the inlet u bend

Nothing to worry about then ??
Hmm, hard to tell what it is from the image and I've not had a look under the bonnet of my own car but it sounds to me like the wastegate, especially with you saying that it's leaving soot around it. It could be a faulty valve that's leaking or leaking union or corroded pipe? I would recommend having it looked at properly. I'm still very much learning about automotive engineering so I could be completely wrong

Hmm, hard to tell what it is from the image and I've not had a look under the bonnet of my own car but it sounds to me like the wastegate, especially with you saying that it's leaving soot around it. It could be a faulty valve that's leaking or leaking union or corroded pipe? I would recommend having it looked at properly. I'm still very much learning about automotive engineering so I could be completely wrong

I'll get it looked at when it's in for its service. Gonna wipe it down and see how fast it returns. Cars done 54k so could be a very slow leak. I'll try chase the pipe tomorrow and see where it leads too.

Thanks

I'll get it looked at when it's in for its service. Gonna wipe it down and see how fast it returns. Cars done 54k so could be a very slow leak. I'll try chase the pipe tomorrow and see where it leads too.

Thanks
Alright sounds good pal, hope it isn't anything too much to worry about. It might just be some exhaust gases escaping and leaving soot deposits.