Cruise control retrofit installation request...

silestanix

Reaction score
Alright all,

I need to retrofit cruise control as on my commute it's handy, i miss having it from my old car.

I'm not too confident with the installation though. I know that the steering wheel has to come off which may mess with the steering angle sensor for the ESP. Also, opening up the ECU Connector to insert the pins from the loom is something I dare not do as I know I'll c*ck it up somehow (bad experiences).

So is there any particular garage or member who for a fee could do this for me? Even if it means a bit of a trek I'll happily do the journey if it means my commute is made easier as well as less pain in my knee.

Cheers!

Harry.

Alright all,

I need to retrofit cruise control as on my commute it's handy, i miss having it from my old car.

I'm not too confident with the installation though. I know that the steering wheel has to come off which may mess with the steering angle sensor for the ESP. Also, opening up the ECU Connector to insert the pins from the loom is something I dare not do as I know I'll c*ck it up somehow (bad experiences).

So is there any particular garage or member who for a fee could do this for me? Even if it means a bit of a trek I'll happily do the journey if it means my commute is made easier as well as less pain in my knee.

Cheers!

Harry.
Where about date you?
Google Audi retro fits in your area there loads of companies that do it

Reactions: silestanix
Where about date you?
Google Audi retro fits in your area there loads of companies that do it

I'm in North London bud, I'll have a Google, just want to make sure that the company would be reputable... I guess that's why I asked about members too as I know we all hold our motors in high regard.

I'll Google that now though, cheers mate.

Audi-retrofits.co.uk are London based (I think) and are site sponsors you can contact on here just message @Ash187

Last edited:
So I have found 2x companies that do cruise control retrofit,

Audi Retrofits Uxbridge
Hazzy Days St Albans

Both seem decent, which company should I use?

Appreciate your replies...!

Audi-retrofits.co.uk are London based (I think) and are sure sponsors you can contact on here just message @Ash187

Cheers bud, I'll post here and give him a call tomorrow too, I work at Heathrow so could do it on way to work one morning...!

HazzyDayz are a decent company I have used them before and was a decent price and very helpful

HazzyDayz are a decent company I have used them before and was a decent price and very helpful

Handy to hear mate! I'll get a price from Ash tomorrow morning, his establishment is closer though however I don't mind a run up, least I can try my cruise control.

Harry, we also have site sponsor @DJAlix in London

Yup, have spoken to Alix & he can only do the software side of things mate.
Not totally true. I do hardware retrofits everyday however I cannot source the needed “new” hardware for the retrofit in question due to the vehicles age and type. As I supply a warranty with all my works I will not supply 2nd parts as I would not know their history / condition. More than happy to fit and code anything people might want to supply however as I offer a warranty limited “bring your own” service.

Not totally true. I do hardware retrofits everyday however I cannot source the needed “new” hardware for the retrofit in question due to the vehicles age and type. As I supply a warranty with all my works I will not supply 2nd parts as I would not know their history / condition. More than happy to fit and code anything people might want to supply however as I offer a warranty limited “bring your own” service.

All good Alix, I stand corrected bud, wasn't a post to detriment you in any way. Still haven't had luck with my hid issue so think I'm gonna go LED. Appreciate your help that day.

If I manage to source the bits, would you be able to do the whole cruise control shebang? It involves steering remove, bottom dash panel & ecu connector modifications with connection pins, and wiper arm and motor removal.

These are the bits, @Tj 0785 referred me this is company,

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/r...di-vw-gasoline-new-version-rocker?action_ms=1

All good Alix, I stand corrected bud, wasn't a post to detriment you in any way. Still haven't had luck with my hid issue so think I'm gonna go LED. Appreciate your help that day.

If I manage to source the bits, would you be able to do the whole cruise control shebang? It involves steering remove, bottom dash panel & ecu connector modifications with connection pins, and wiper arm and motor removal.
Not a problem at all and sorry I can’t directly help :)