Vibration at idle?

nothingness

Reaction score
Drove around in my a3 yesturday, I was parked up in an industrial estate using my phone with the engine running (in P, with handbrake on, s-tronic) and I noticed my car vibrating / shaking slightly every half a second or so. Like a petrol car does with a duff ICV except much more subtle and according to the tachometer the revs are constant 800rpm or so.

I have full audi warranty until December so I am wondering what this could be so they can fix it under warranty instead of me requiring to? It has no mods yet (due to warranty) and when warranty runs out I want to do downpipe+sport cat + remap.

I appear to have won the audi lottery when it comes to oil, only used 1L of oil in 6000 miles.

Car is a 2010 2.0T TFSI S-Tronic I can't remember the engine code but it is the phase 3 one. Engine looks like this I think it is CCZA?

Car itself

Sinde yesterday ive noticed the same thing on my 2009 Manual 2.0 Tdi

All the tdi's I have owned vibrate, that's just the diesel engine. On a petrol though...

Ive had it for a nearly a year but sometimes the shake is a bit more noticeable for whatever reason like if i had my phone on my lap you could see it shaking

@thesmileyone , even tho ur car is under warranty you will have to proof to Audi there is a problem with the car on the day it goes in cause if they find no fault i would assume they wont do the checking as a favour .

I am wondering if it is the famous chain guide thingy, I started the car up yesturday cold start and it seemed to make a wierd grinding noise for about a second after start up, a bit like when you shake a box of spanners. Turned it off and back on again and it was fine. It is like 300miles away from 70k if that makes any difference?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…