Order now or wait...?

sunscreemer

Back with the 4 rings
Reaction score
Hi all. My 4 year PCP on my S3 Sportback ends 1st September next year. I have been considering changing for a March 2019 plate (concerned at impact of Brexit) so figured i'd look later this month while my car is in for it's first MOT (as expect Sept/Oct order for March delivery?).

Looking at finance offers they all seem to state stock models only, but I'll want a factory build. I also see that there are engine limitations, which may be due to a new model being released next year?

I am thinking of an S3 Saloon (for a bit of a change). Any thoughts on best course of action?

Also, loving the look of the new A1. If I do wait then I could be tempted by the new S1, especially as it'll finally be available with the S-tronic gearbox.

Hi all. My 4 year PCP on my S3 Sportback ends 1st September next year. I have been considering changing for a March 2019 plate (concerned at impact of Brexit) so figured i'd look later this month while my car is in for it's first MOT (as expect Sept/Oct order for March delivery?).

Looking at finance offers they all seem to state stock models only, but I'll want a factory build. I also see that there are engine limitations, which may be due to a new model being released next year?

I am thinking of an S3 Saloon (for a bit of a change). Any thoughts on best course of action?

Also, loving the look of the new A1. If I do wait then I could be tempted by the new S1, especially as it'll finally be available with the S-tronic gearbox.
You've answered your own question really just get a factory order the all new S3 ain't out next year you'll not get hands on one til 2020 and prepared for the exorbitant basic price with no discount ergo....

Reactions: 4K, NevMan and Chris43
Hi all. My 4 year PCP on my S3 Sportback ends 1st September next year. I have been considering changing for a March 2019 plate (concerned at impact of Brexit)

Why are you worried about Brexit ??

Why are you worried about Brexit ??

The question is why aren't you...

Giphy

Reactions: SamR92, RK10, FBF01 and 1 other person
The question is why aren't you...

View attachment 162253

because there's little point worrying about something that in the main has yet to be decided. When someone can accurately define how life outside the EU is going to be I'll decide then whether I need to worry.

Reactions: Jimbob76, 4K, Ormesome and 6 others

Check with dealers or someone here may know more but a lot of models order books are currently closed due to WLTP etc and MY19 car builds are quoted as Wk49.

So if that’s all correct you wouldn’t get anything till March 19 as is...

(I could be completely wrong however)

because there's little point worrying about something that in the main has yet to be decided. When someone can accurately define how life outside the EU is going to be I'll decide then whether I need to worry.

I guess if you are forward planning a purchase for 2019 brexit could impact cost etc making it unattainable.

Either way Audi are going to hike the cost up of the next model.

Reactions: lledwoc
I guess if you are forward planning a purchase for 2019 brexit could impact cost etc making it unattainable.

Either way Audi are going to hike the cost up of the next model.

The uncertainty of Brexit is already effecting exchange rates so I agree that it will / is having an effect on costs here in the UK on new cars and many other things but its hard to imagine that it will have such a profound effect that European produced cars suddenly become too expensive to buy here. For sure Audi will hike up the new model costs but they will have to remain competitive as the UK car market is just too attractive to forego.

The uncertainty of Brexit is already effecting exchange rates so I agree that it will / is having an effect on costs here in the UK on new cars and many other things but its hard to imagine that it will have such a profound effect that European produced cars suddenly become too expensive to buy here. For sure Audi will hike up the new model costs but they will have to remain competitive as the UK car market is just too attractive to forego.

This is true, lots of variables, like you said Audi won’t price themselves out but they’ll certainly put a squeeze on.

Will be interesting what performance the new S1 comes with.

This is true, lots of variables, like you said Audi won’t price themselves out but they’ll certainly put a squeeze on.

Will be interesting what performance the new S1 comes with.
I've heard rumours that is round 260bhp, based on what my local Audi have said, how much truth there is in that is another matter altogether,

Reactions: TYb
Threads heading down the latrine already. .... some folks never surprise me.. .... ........

Reactions: 4K, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
Threads heading down the latrine already. .... some folks never surprise me.. .... ........
Calm down Jassy, only a couple of exchanges there.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Calm down Jassy, only a couple of exchanges there.
I just think
Politics shouldn't be open for debate on a car forum mate Simples especially on this subject as previous threads with it involved get wasted. At the end of the day you either buy the car you want with the best discount achievable or you buy some other car if you can't afford it Simples

Reactions: Jimbob76, ASBOST, 4K and 3 others
I just think
Politics shouldn't be open for debate on a car forum mate Simples especially on this subject as previous threads with it involved get wasted. At the end of the day you either buy the car you want with the best discount achievable or you buy some other car if you can't afford it Simples

Fair enough, I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned politics before but responded to the OP’s comment.

I shall keep it strictly cars and holiday from now on :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Fair enough, I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned politics before but responded to the OP’s comment.

I shall keep it strictly cars and holiday from now on :)
I wasn't even suggesting it was you mate not all lol Michael Jackson "pointless" pop corn munching more like, besides the OP has a S3 saloon, pointless buying another a saloon coz not much has overall on the car

Reactions: 4K, GW1 and TYb
I wasn't even suggesting it was you mate not all lol Michael Jackson "pointless" pop corn munching more like, besides the OP has a S3 saloon, pointless buying another a saloon coz not much has overall on the car

Oh I see, it’s been a long day

Reactions: Jassyo06
Brexit? What?

As Jassy has said, buy it if you can afford it or don’t if you can’t , simple as that.

This Brexit bullish!t would never even occur to me:sadlike:

Reactions: NevMan and GW1

Oh nooo he hasn't... the OP has a SB....if ya put ya monocle on! lol

Options (as I see it):

a) If you want a DEAL, speak to stealer, and check carwow, drivethedeal etc etc for S3 saloon with spec you would like now, and change
- https://www.carwow.co.uk/audi/s3-saloon/deals

b) Hold your horses until WLTP etc etc etc is sorted and new S3 is actually announced, but as others have said, not going to be 2019...Late 2019 if at all.
c) Get name down for S1, but only due late 2019, so even that may end up 2020 - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-audi-s1-due-2019-250bhp
d) Do nothing
e) Buy/Order something else

:icon thumright:

Reactions: sunscreemer, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Oh nooo he hasn't... the OP has a SB....if ya put ya monocle on! lol
He actually kept a bouncy castle S3 sportback for 4 years .... And didn't bounce off into a hedge Jeezus he's a very slow driver lol

Reactions: 4K
He actually kept a bouncy castle S3 sportback for 4 years .... And didn't bounce off into a hedge Jeezus he's a very slow driver lol

Well, 3 years so far, only 4 next Sept :icon thumright:

That's me too..How I've done it I don't know, haha. I guess loss of ££££

Hmmm, waited a while and quite a lot of responses to my post...

I don't think I answered my own question, each choice has pros and cons, i was just looking for views and seeing if anything came out of the discussion that i'd not considered.

As for being concerned about Brexit my point is that all being well there will be no difference, changing in 12 months time will mean a fairly similar purchase price and finance rate. But... i think there is a more than reasonable chance that any combination of FX movement and / or tariffs could increase the purchase price and also finance rates could be higher.

If I don't change and the cost of a new one increases and / or the new model is released and the S3 variant isn't available yet i'm fairly comfortable with just buying the car and waiting.

I find my S3 Sportback good to drive (or at least offers a good combination of modes).

I will speak to the dealership a week tomorrow when my car is in for it's MOT and see if they feel they can put together an attractive deal to tempt me to change (looking like better deals on Sportback's than Saloon's though). If there's nothing to tempt me then i'll wait and see - the economic climate and spec / availability for the S1 may send me down that route, we'll see...!

Not a bad shout, see what or if anything is on offer. This is always a very subjective question...stick or twist when it comes to changing cars, which is why I try and stary well away from test driving anything until I am ready'ish to change :whistle2:

Not a bad shout, see what or if anything is on offer. This is always a very subjective question...stick or twist when it comes to changing cars, which is why I try and stary well away from test driving anything until I am ready'ish to change :whistle2:

Car buyers can snap up bargains in August and it's all because of WLTP
https://dailym.ai/2MuUsug

Well, I went for my MOT on Saturday and spoke about the possibility of getting a new S3 on order for March delivery... and the deal looked reasonable until they valued my current 31k-mile fully loaded S3 Sportback at around £18k. I'd anticipated that in March when expected to change it would be worth at the very least breakeven with the o/s finance (£19.5k). Parkers value a base car with no extras and with my mileage at £19.3k as a part-ex right now (main dealer forecourt price £3k extra). So, not changing and not happy at the valulation!

Well, I went for my MOT on Saturday and spoke about the possibility of getting a new S3 on order for March delivery... and the deal looked reasonable until they valued my current 31k-mile fully loaded S3 Sportback at around £18k. I'd anticipated that in March when expected to change it would be worth at the very least breakeven with the o/s finance (£19.5k). Parkers value a base car with no extras and with my mileage at £19.3k as a part-ex right now (main dealer forecourt price £3k extra). So, not changing and not happy at the valulation!

Went through something similar with my last car. I found Arnold Clark and Evans halshaw buy your car thing offered a bit more. Think Arnold Clark offered about £1500 more than the trade in price.

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Second that about Arnold Clark, they seem to be offering really good trade in values at the moment.

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Second that about Arnold Clark, they seem to be offering really good trade in values at the moment.
At least a lot better than wbac. Took mine up to arny and they offered exactly what was quoted on their website. Previous experience with wbac they knocked the prices down for the smallest stone chip.

At least a lot better than wbac. Took mine up to arny and they offered exactly what was quoted on their website. Previous experience with wbac they knocked the prices down for the smallest stone chip.
Yea i actually used Arny for my trade in, smooth process, and likewise they gave me exactly what was quoted online. In fact the dealer also said just an average condition would have kept this price, which was annoying considering mine was immaculate without barely even a swirl mark to note lol. Thats the game though I guess....

I think WBAC value mine at about £20k which is normally rock bottom, but for Audi to offer me around £18k is actually an insult, especially when they can expect to receive about £22k plus for it on their forecourt. Just makes me start to look at other manufacturers again.

I think WBAC value mine at about £20k which is normally rock bottom, but for Audi to offer me around £18k is actually an insult, especially when they can expect to receive about £22k plus for it on their forecourt. Just makes me start to look at other manufacturers again.

That's how it goes l am afraid unless you sell it privately.... You'll clear your feet and maybe more ... Speculate to accumulate besides not the best time of year to buy a car as there very busy

Had a similar issue with mine in March - 2 years old - 15000 miles - Trading in against a new one - same dealer that I bought it from (they also had my car then as trade in and sold within 3 weeks) and having another one from them and they used British Car Auction Prices to value it - They had a new used car manager and that's how he was doing it - I said to him I bought this brand new not at auction - I'm purchasing another new one from you and neither of us would be selling this through an auction - I sold it to a local car trader in the end who offered £1200 more than Audi - disgusting attitude in my opinion

WBAC have changed their process for chips etc. Where before they knocked £150 off for every stone chip they counted, they now knock money off per panel. So if you bonnet has 1 or 5 stone chips, they knock £150 off for the bonnet panel.

I only know this as my GF took her car there earlier this year, and got more than she expected.

The S3 (current A3) is getting long in the tooth now. So although they want to sell you a car, they may not want a S3 sat on their forecourt for months on end. The market is saturated at the minute. All these PCP deals that come to an end, mean loads of cars flooding onto the second hand market. Supply and demand unfortunately. More cars there are out there, the less they want `your` car, so offer lowest price.

Plus some dealers are just greedy. Want to make £5000 on every second hand car they sell.

Good thing is I have a car I have owned and looked after since new. No reservations about paying off the PCP deal and keeping it for longer than 4 years if need be. Although Audi have said they're keen to keep me I know from experience other manufacturers will be even more keen to take me from Audi!

Good thing is I have a car I have owned and looked after since new. No reservations about paying off the PCP deal and keeping it for longer than 4 years if need be. Although Audi have said they're keen to keep me I know from experience other manufacturers will be even more keen to take me from Audi!
Your not wanting a new car just that's for sure as... Folks who do... don't beat about the Bush as much ..... As you have, to be honest yer timing is way off considering the time of year, and how old your car is and also the situation with the existing S3 build issues,ideally the month of January would be the best time for you to order a car for the obvious reasons.....