Regretting my decision...

RK10

Reaction score
When I was thinking to make the switch to Audi, I was pretty set on getting my hands on an S3 but since I commute a lot, I thought it'd be too £££ to run.

So I ended up ordering an A3 1.5TFSI BE, which I do honestly love and has been great in the last month and a half I've had it.

But, having just received a payrise and seeing how much I'm actually saving a month, I wish I made the move to order an S3 :grumpy:

When I was thinking to make the switch to Audi, I was pretty set on getting my hands on an S3 but since I commute a lot, I thought it'd be too £££ to run.

So I ended up ordering an A3 1.5TFSI BE, which I do honestly love and has been great in the last month and a half I've had it.

But, having just received a payrise and seeing how much I'm actually saving a month, I wish I made the move to order an S3 :grumpy:

Keep it for a while or sell it and take the loss. A3 is still a great car. I had one for 2 years before getting my S3.

No one's got a crystal ball mate and a S3 ain't the be all and end all....get the Next new S3 should be a good un

Reactions: Behind The Bins, TonkS3, NevMan and 1 other person
Keep it for a while or sell it and take the loss. A3 is still a great car. I had one for 2 years before getting my S3.

Yeah it is, I’m not slating it at all! Nice bump up from my mk6 golf.

No one's got a crystal ball mate and a S3 ain't the be all and end all....get the Next new S3 should be a good un

Yeah that’s what I’ve been thinking...just can’t help but feel a bit gutted haha

Reactions: Deleted member 132563
Don’t be gutted mate, day to day commuting there isn’t a huge difference. If like me when it is time to change you will have considered a hundred others and you never know what deal is around the corner.

Reactions: RK10
Don’t be gutted mate, day to day commuting there isn’t a huge difference. If like me when it is time to change you will have considered a hundred others and you never know what deal is around the corner.

Thanks man, yeah that’s so true!

Reactions: TYb
I'd keep the A3 BE and use your extra money for a mega holiday

Reactions: RK10, TYb, KenL and 1 other person
The amount of money you save when you’re running the A3 instead of the S3 will mean you can get an RS3 when next one comes out. See if you still regret then :thumbs up:

Reactions: RK10, TYb, NevMan and 1 other person

I had the S3 and it was a great car, but to be honest I don't miss it that much to rush out and buy another one! I do mainly 30/40mph zones, so it was a waste of money, the same as this A5 coupe, yes it's nice, but I've done under 3,000 miles in 9 months! I'm looking to downsize next time by at least £100 per month on payments, I'll be looking at the new A1 or even the new Fiesta ST3, got a price on the ST3 in white = £250 per month with £1,000 down. As mentioned above, what is saved on the car will pay for a decent holiday...and still have a decent car for my needs.

The 1.5 tfsi is a lovely engine. Think of this as the start of an Audi adventure. Keep it and enjoy it for a few years and then get the new model S3 as a nice upgrade.

With the amount of S3s getting nicked at the moment you probably made a good decision buying the A3.

I'm half tempted to buy a FL RS3 once the S3 term is up, plenty of time to decide though.

I'd keep the A3 BE and use your extra money for a mega holiday
That’s the plan!! :icon thumright:
The amount of money you save when you’re running the A3 instead of the S3 will mean you can get an RS3 when next one comes out. See if you still regret then :thumbs up:

Now that is a very nice thought...I like your thinking!! :racer:

I had the S3 and it was a great car, but to be honest I don't miss it that much to rush out and buy another one! I do mainly 30/40mph zones, so it was a waste of money, the same as this A5 coupe, yes it's nice, but I've done under 3,000 miles in 9 months! I'm looking to downsize next time by at least £100 per month on payments, I'll be looking at the new A1 or even the new Fiesta ST3, got a price on the ST3 in white = £250 per month with £1,000 down. As mentioned above, what is saved on the car will pay for a decent holiday...and still have a decent car for my needs.

Ah fair enough! Makes sense. Damn, I’ve done over 2,000 miles in a month and a half haha.

The 1.5 tfsi is a lovely engine. Think of this as the start of an Audi adventure. Keep it and enjoy it for a few years and then get the new model S3 as a nice upgrade.

Yeah very true! I’m in love with the A3 so it’s been a great start to the adventure :thumbs up: I need to stop rushing to getting to the big boys table :hubbahubba:

Thanks for everyone’s replies though, I don’t feel bad anymore! :friends:

I have just picked up a 64 plate A3 1.4tfsi COD engine, after selling my S3 8p a few weeks ago. I'm loving the A3 so smooth comfortable and quiet. Doing short journeys and commuting just made sense.
Half the power but to be honest I never really used it often enough to make use of it. Happy I got the A3. Enjoy it for a while.