Audi A4 B9 Front parking sensors installation.

Korni83

Reaction score
Hi

Apologies if that was posted in the past. I am forum virgin so please do not judge me :)
I recentyl bought A4 16 plate 2.0 TFSI with rear parking sensors only. I would like to add front genuine sensors and connect it so they would work as good as the rear. I know it is not the easiest thing as i need to replace front grill, bumper and add new wiring. Question is: do i need additional electronics ie module, chip or something like that? Again we can tell i am not the expert so please if anyone knows the trick please let me know.
Ta

Hi

Apologies if that was posted in the past. I am forum virgin so please do not judge me :)
I recentyl bought A4 16 plate 2.0 TFSI with rear parking sensors only. I would like to add front genuine sensors and connect it so they would work as good as the rear. I know it is not the easiest thing as i need to replace front grill, bumper and add new wiring. Question is: do i need additional electronics ie module, chip or something like that? Again we can tell i am not the expert so please if anyone knows the trick please let me know.
Ta
You don't need to change the front grill etc....just add the Sensors on the marked spots (marked on the inside). Use the special vag tool to make perfect holes.

The connect the wiring to the maintenance bcm module, parametrisation with VCP and then coding. You could add the button to make it OEM but not necessary

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Hi. That is great. Many thanks for those tips. You have just saved me a few quid for bumper spraying grill etc. My last car (vauxhall insignia i have changed bumper etc. I am not proud:( ) again thank you for all.

Hi RJ. I did bit of the research and if you don't mind i have few questions. 1: BCM i assume it is Body Control Module. It is located somewhere under passenger foot matt / floor ( UK version) and it looks like in this link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2725...id=229508&lgeo=1&item=272594932378&rmvSB=true
2nd question is do i only need wiring harness with 4x plugs for sensors and one on the other end going to BCM or is there any middle bit i have to buy? reason i am asking is as when i look at photo of harness plug does not match any of the BCM's plug shapes. Thanks again and please type a few words in your spare time.

Hi RJ. I did bit of the research and if you don't mind i have few questions. 1: BCM i assume it is Body Control Module. It is located somewhere under passenger foot matt / floor ( UK version) and it looks like in this link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2725...id=229508&lgeo=1&item=272594932378&rmvSB=true
2nd question is do i only need wiring harness with 4x plugs for sensors and one on the other end going to BCM or is there any middle bit i have to buy? reason i am asking is as when i look at photo of harness plug does not match any of the BCM's plug shapes. Thanks again and please type a few words in your spare time.
https://www.k-electronic-shop.de/AU...PS--Front---vorne-mit-OPS-Nachruestpaket.html

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Hi. Is there someone who complete successfully this retrofit?