Anybody have a blackvue dash cam?

Kondax

Reaction score
Hey,

Ordered a dash cam on Thursday from blackvue.uk. I paid the additional £10.00 for pre-1pm next day delivery. Lo and behold the camera hasn't even been shipped yet let alone arrived.

Does anybody else have experience with the delivery from this site? Do they use a carrier that does weekend delivery? I've emailed them stating that I will need a refund for the delivery charges.

Thanks.

Bought my Blackvue from eBay. There are plenty of dealers on there at better prices than the BlackVue site.

I’m on my 3rd BlackVue. Great camera :racer:

Reactions: Kondax
Had 650s,750s and now 900s all purchased through Amazon and arrived next day.

Just buy the cheapest (not always the smallest capacity) and use your own memory card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had 650s,750s and now 900s all purchased through Amazon and arrived next day.

Just buy the cheapest (not always the smallest capacity) and use your own memory card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They've replied. Going to refund me the £10, and it will be delivered Monday..

Very annoying as I would have purchased from Amazon, but they wouldn't have delivered until Monday. That's why I chose Blackvue site and paid extra. I could feed the camera to my dog and Amazon would still take it back, they have amazing customer service.

I've got a 128gb SD card that I'll be using. Their pricing scheme for memory sizes is ridiculous.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Not all memory cards are created equally, hence their own brand prices.

My only comment here is don't use Scandisk. Very unreliable, and can cause all sorts of problems, both in camera functions as well as quality of recordings, at least with the Blackvues.

Not all memory cards are created equally, hence their own brand prices.

My only comment here is don't use Scandisk. Very unreliable, and can cause all sorts of problems, both in camera functions as well as quality of recordings, at least with the Blackvues.
No worries, I've got high quality SD cards that I'll format to the same specification as their cards, but thanks for the warning.

Reactions: RAF_S7
Ideally you want a high endurance sd card that is specifically designed for a dashcam as the constant writing/rewriting is very demanding on the card and leads to the premature failures

Reactions: Ssteve and Kondax
^ indeed most High Endurance are MLC Nand , Standard are TLC .

Nowt wrong with SanDisk High Endurance , SanDisk Ultra is poor anyway and fakes in abundance .

Samsung are late to the party but now have one , if you dig deep enough Samsung Evo , Evo Plus etc are warranty void if used in dashcam .